Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Creating a trust that pays your descendants
I try to keep this place a little more active. I love forums, but they have died out the past few decades. Unlike other forums, this place is not adversarial. Some of us joke around, but nobody is rooting for somebody here to fail. That's my perception anyway. Most of the regulars have a helpful skillset. Real estate, taxes, growth stock picking, option income strats, and DGI of course.

This thread is an important topic to plan for. I was over 50 before I gave it much attention. I wasn't pleased my FED GOV 401K was going to be converted to an annuity. The annuity is keyed to FED funds rate. Not too bad when it was 4%. Some of my peers are going to get a shock when they see what happened to their forecasted monthly checks at sub 1% rates. You are stuck with whatever it is when your time to retire arrives. I transferred mine to a normal 401K account. I am probably better off even if I only manage an average 1% return in my port. There was no way I was going to live ten years into retirement, and leave nothing to my heirs except final bills. I've already seen that happen to a few former co-workers and relatives.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Creating a trust that pays your descendants - by fenders53 - 10-18-2020, 08:33 AM