Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Creating a trust that pays your descendants
> Another great post.

Hey thanks. It's nice to be here as well. I was on another money forum, but it died out.

> I looked at annuities and thought they were a scam.

The only reason to look at annuities is if you truly don't want to manage a dividend portfolio at all. But the big problem with annuities is that the payouts end when you die. Your portfolio will live on.

> Anyway, I doubt my net worth will ever be more than about half your example

It seems like a long road to me as well, but when I plug the numbers into an investment calculator for 15 years out, it looks rosy. For me, things will really pick up when the child support payments end.

> I could live happy off my pensions I receive within a few years

Sweet!

> I have a daughter I'm not so sure is physically capable of giving me natural grandchildren.

I hope she chooses to adopt.

> I doubt she will ever have more than a two year degree but I can't be sure. She isn't great with finances.

My daughter is only 15 but I think she's in a similar boat.

> If I end up a widower I would like to buy a property in the northland where I can fish. That's my longtime dream.

That sounds fun. I'm a board gamer, so I hope my retirement is filled with conventions and game nights.

> My current plans are to put the next property in my daughter's name so I can get the five year gift done.

Hopefully that works out.

For those of you who don't have any heirs, you could still save your money from going to the nursing home by a similar technique as I described but leave the dividends to the charities you like.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Creating a trust that pays your descendants - by ken-do-nim - 10-17-2020, 08:17 PM