Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help me design a growthy port please.
Here's the first end of month report. Started buying OCT 14th so I only had two weeks to lose money. Smile I started a spreadsheet but may ask to use one of Eric's. I'm not trying to make this complicated but would like to track it. I do want to have some rules, but they are a little loose until I refine them. I am going to stick with $2500 new money every month. I spent $3096.29 in OCT and that was after I kicked CVS out of the port. Down $51.35 total. The port can borrow up to $2500. I want the flexibility to buy when the market dips, and get it back to right when the market runs and I shouldn't be forcing purchases. Mostly no market timing though. Once the port is full I'll add to something. Definitely adding some tech in November and that money is available Monday. Probably 12-15 stock goal in the near term. If I decide a stock isn't a legit 5% revenue grower for minimum three years it will be evicted. I have limit orders in on GOOGL and MSFT. We'll see, I don't intend to chase high fliers, and I'll have to fight the urge to average losers down a rat hole. Formatting is bad so I'm just listing stocks and total shares. . First number is shares. Last is gain/loss. I put too much effort into trying to catch bottoms for just a couple shares. Smile In the future I'll just enter a few limit orders early in the month and adjust it a few times throughout the month if they don't fill.

APD AIR PRODUCTS 2 -10.02
AMT AMERICAN TOWER 1 -0.35
AVGO BROADCOM 1 -10.37
CAT CATERPILLAR 2 -6.44
LLY ELI LILLY 3 -0.12
MA MASTER CARD 2 -0.72
UNP UNION PACIFIC 3 -21.43
VSTO VISTA OUTDOORS 5 -1.90

COST 3096.29 RETURN -51.35

The $2500/mo is harvested from my option selling scam. In two years I'll have $60K of my own money in this port. That should pay for my new retirement truck and then some. With any luck I'll make the market hit that goal sooner.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Help me design a growthy port please. - by fenders53 - 10-30-2020, 07:48 PM