Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help me design a growthy port please.
(10-16-2020, 09:39 AM)fenders53 Wrote: Thanks Eric,  

Repeating myself here but I think I am going to jump in on a couple stocks now, and try to  take my time adding new ones since many of my favorites are really stretching.  It will be fun to research and add a new stock now and then.  It will be OK if I reverse course and change a pick in a few months.  I trade my big port too much, and this will be nice because I won't be tempted to flip three shares than ran up lol.

I am going to throw out my picks and it won't hurt my feelings at all if you guys object, especially if I start chasing a debt problem.  I think I should grab a few stocks that are undervalued currently.  I really want to own some of the previously discussed stocks but I don't want to chase them in this environment.  So here is the starting point.  I am flipping a few shares from my main port starting last night.  I had small positions anyway.

CAT- Local company, hate that it is cyclical but it's not crazy overvalued. I already made money flipping it earlier this year so "buying" a little high in this port I can deal with.  

CVS-Still very undervalued IMO.  I trust they will find some momentum and the non-growing Div is fine for now.  I will be done with retail for now after I add DG.  CVS is more than retail of course.

WEC-This will be my growthy UTE.  Overvalued IMO but it seemingly always has been.  Already own a few shares in my big port I will "transfer".      

Maybe I will get lucky and get a 2% average DIV in this port.  There will definitely be a few non div stocks in the mix.

I'll add a few more soon.  GD is likely.  I think it may stay down long enough to accrue a position.
I like your picks other then WEC. I just think that entire sector has run up way to fast and nothing to justify the moves.  To me all the utilities way over valued. I hold many but wont put any new money into that sector unless they get back to normal valuations. 

CAT is breaking out to the upside and is cheap compared to everything else. I see $180

CVS has just been hanging. It's been out of favor forever. But if WBA can beat earnings, then that's a positive for CVS 

GD is dead. I would much rather own HII. I have been buying in that $139-142 range. For one thing, at just 0.64 times trailing sales, Huntington Ingalls stock now trades for about a one-third discount to the average, historical market valuation of major defense contractors. The company churns out about $1.42 in actual free cash flow -- meaning the stock's price-to-free cash flow ratio is only 7.6.

That's my gift to you today Wink

Messages In This Thread
RE: Help me design a growthy port please. - by divmenow - 10-16-2020, 01:59 PM