Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help me design a growthy port please.
(10-15-2020, 01:45 PM)fenders53 Wrote:
(10-15-2020, 01:20 PM)EricL Wrote: I have a few names by sector to consider on my website's High Dividend Growth Stocks page.

Looking at your question, here's my thoughts.

Tech: ACN, AVGO, MA, NVDA, V
Renewable Energy: NEE
REIT: AMT
Retailer: DG, TSCO
Industrial: NSC/UNP
Defense: LMT or LHX
Materials: SHW
Thanks Eric, I haven't been to your site for awhile.  I will research the ones I am not familiar with

NVDA-that was on the list.  Thought I might buy a share and hope for a dip.  Seems like a stock for the rest of my lifetime. 

V-Have a modest position.  Could "buy it" from my main port. 

AVGO-Just put it on my watchlist this morning.

NEE- Already one of the largest positions in my main port.  

DG- You read my mind.   Some of this money came from flipping DG options.  I need to go long.  I can play with options in the main port.  I see VERY few retailers that catch my eye short of a nasty correction.

LHX and LMT are out.  Core positions in my main port.  

Some of the industrials I have long considered have fleas.  A rail is not out of the question for sure.  UPS and FDX were obvious choices, but not currently.  I don't want to make this too much about current valuation, but for now not chasing industrials than ran too far lately. 

Still have a few stocks in mind but I'll hope they get mentioned here without prompting from me.

I LOVE the rails as long-term plays. They have monopolies, no new ones are being built, and they have pricing power.

I like UPS and FDX too, but long-term I'd much rather own railroads than shipping companies as I believe they are much more "Amazon proof".

CP, CSX, CNI, UNP and NSC have all returned 15+% annualized over the last 20 years compared with 5% from the S&P. Pretty remarkable how great of a business the railroads are.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha

Messages In This Thread
RE: Help me design a growthy port please. - by EricL - 10-15-2020, 02:03 PM