Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Baseball Thread!!!
It seems we have quite a few MLB fans among the regulars on the forum.  Hoping we can chat about it here for seasons to come.  2020 stinks and this has been my only release.  Let's go easy on the politics here please.  There are a million other places to debate kneeling and such.  I actually think MLB is doing a reasonable job of not allowing that social issues to completely wreck things.  Hopefully the players can be a little disciplined and not wreck the season with CV19 problems.  Off to a bad start for a few teams but I think (hope) they now "get it" that they have to be very careful.  

So who is your team?  My boyhood team was the Reds.  My mother took me to Wrigley to watch them play the Cubs in the 70s.  I witnessed the Big Red Machine and it is an awesome memory. I am a Twins fan and have a soft spot for the Cubs since they are close and my wife is a fan.
Long suffering Rangers fan here. Thankfully the West is horrible so our losing record has us in second place.
Phillies
My Twins are starting to choke. Quite a few injuries but that doesn't explain the lack of hitting other than HRs.
Twins are doing better than my Rangers. Looks like they will be one of the few sellers at today's trade deadline.
(08-31-2020, 09:52 AM)ChadR Wrote: Twins are doing better than my Rangers.  Looks like they will be one of the few sellers at today's trade deadline.
I won't be surprised if we make a move as well.  If you forget about the past three weeks, we have way too much offense riding the bench every night.
(08-31-2020, 03:33 PM)fenders53 Wrote:
(08-31-2020, 09:52 AM)ChadR Wrote: Twins are doing better than my Rangers.  Looks like they will be one of the few sellers at today's trade deadline.
I won't be surprised if we make a move as well.  If you forget about the past three weeks, we have way too much offense riding the bench every night.

Twins get Buxton and Pineda back today, and are supposed to get Donaldson back tomorrow.

Better turn it around in a hurry or there will be no postseason for us!
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
(09-01-2020, 09:07 AM)EricL Wrote:
(08-31-2020, 03:33 PM)fenders53 Wrote:

Twins get Buxton and Pineda back today, and are supposed to get Donaldson back tomorrow.

Better turn it around in a hurry or there will be no postseason for us!
Sorta glad they didn't churn their portfolio.  No need to make any drastic moves.  They start playing to potential or they don't.  If Willie Mays were made of glass they would have named him Buxton.  So disappointing.  I have this feeling he is going to end up being an overpaid utility player for a big market team and retire when he is about 30.
As predicted, Rangers traded off Minor, Frazier, and Chirinos. Daniels (GM) said he would have traded off Lynn too if anyone would have made him a decent offer. There's always next year.
(09-01-2020, 04:34 PM)ChadR Wrote: As predicted, Rangers traded off Minor, Frazier, and Chirinos.  Daniels (GM) said he would have traded off Lynn too if anyone would have made him a decent offer.  There's always next year.
As weird as this season is, I am glad they were able to play. An entire year off would have been bad. A lot of teams that have not been competitive for years are getting a chance to develop some young players.  Some new teams in a pennant race is good for MLB.
Absolutely, a 60 game season is better than not playing at all.
I see Tom Seaver passed away. He may be the most famous pitcher I ever saw pitch live. I was fortunate enough to also see Santana, Liriano and Nathan in their prime, Fergie Jenkins, Bruce Sutter and Gaylord Perry. That's a pretty good stable considering I've only attended a few dozen games. Always wanted to see Nolan Ryan. A lot of relievers throw that hard today, but it was pretty amazing back then.