Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Baseball Thread!!!
They play the short series for a reason. Two great SPs and you have a chance. I'll be cheering for Mike's team but there is an advantage to surviving a tough division. A lot of good teams this year.
It was a great weekend weather-wise ... but the Red Sox got swept by the Yankees. At home. Grrrr.
(09-27-2021, 08:30 AM)ken-do-nim Wrote: It was a great weekend weather-wise ... but the Red Sox got swept by the Yankees.  At home.  Grrrr.
The divisional and wildcard races always find a way to tighten up.
Yankees - Red Sox wild card game Tuesday. Gulp.
Season went too fast. Four teams had a chance in the AL East just yesterday. Good luck to the Sox tomorrow.
Well the Sox did it! Gerrit Cole just hasn't been very good since he returned from his hamstring injury, our pitcher was dealing, and that was that.

Onto the Rays. I highly doubt the Sox advance further, but you never know. I don't know how long JD Martinez will be out with that sprain.
Congrats. The Rays are tough so you will have to earn it from here, but I am sayin' there's a chance.
(10-06-2021, 10:54 AM)fenders53 Wrote: Congrats.  The Rays are tough so you will have to earn it from here, but I am sayin' there's a chance.

I believe we have Chris Sale, Eduardo Rodriguez, and Nathan Eovaldi lined up for games 1-3, so there's definitely a chance.  I hope we wrap it up at Fenway on game 3 or 4!
And the 106 win Dodgers take the wild card game for the NL. Won't read that often.
(10-07-2021, 09:12 AM)fenders53 Wrote: And the 106 win Dodgers take the wild card game for the NL.  Won't read that often.

Yes, and with all due respect to the Cardinals, it would have been tragic if the Dodgers hadn't moved on.

Red Sox - Dodgers World Series pt II !!!!
What a game last night.

Dodgers/Giants should be an epic series.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
Cardinals always show up for the playoffs, and they did again last night.