Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Baseball Thread!!!
(03-03-2022, 04:23 PM)fenders53 Wrote:
(03-03-2022, 02:10 PM)ken-do-nim Wrote: I'm so turned off on baseball now.  I'm not sure I will care when and if games start again.
This is frustrating.  They are playing with fire if they don't get this settled soon.  Fans weren't tolerant last time and they won't be again.

Baseball is finished. Fans are fed up and wont come back. In fact even hockey is ahead of it. Ranking is NFL, BASKETBALL, HOCKEY AND THEN MLB. At this rate Golf may overtake them lol

They changed so many rules. Baseball is nothing like it was in the 80's and 90's

I had opening day series tix and I wont be going to 1 game now.

Just look at the fans responses over the last month. Owners ruined the game. And the commissioner is the worst in baseball history. He should have been fired long ago
This will be hard to come back from especially if it is an extended shutdown. These owners and the commissioner have killed the game. Thought they would have learned their lesson from the horrible lockout in 1994. Guess not.
(03-03-2022, 04:52 PM)ChadR Wrote: This will be hard to come back from especially if it is an extended shutdown.  These owners and the commissioner have killed the game.  Thought they would have learned their lesson from the horrible lockout in 1994.  Guess not.

Yeah - when you read the details I'm with the players on most of the issues. Sure, they're being paid lots of money to play a game but it's a short window and owners have absolutely been raking it in.
(03-04-2022, 05:36 AM)cemanuel Wrote:
(03-03-2022, 04:52 PM)ChadR Wrote: This will be hard to come back from especially if it is an extended shutdown.  These owners and the commissioner have killed the game.  Thought they would have learned their lesson from the horrible lockout in 1994.  Guess not.

Yeah - when you read the details I'm with the players on most of the issues. Sure, they're being paid lots of money to play a game but it's a short window and owners have absolutely been raking it in.

lets not forget these players play the game pretty much 10 months out of the year between 162 games, spring training and staying in shape.

Where as NFL only play 17 games, 82 NBA and 82 NHL

So MLB plays a ton of games and is a long season. Just imagine how much these owners are making between tix sales, memorabilia, Local and TV deals ect.

I get the smaller markets make less, but that all depends on how you build your minor leagues, draft and all that. Lets not forget all those years the Marlins and Expos did with little  money. So I'm tired of all these excuses by owner's. there just greedy
It's inarguable the rockstar players are overpaid, but it ends there for me. The majority are lucky to play five years at MLB level and they won;t leave anything like rich. There was a time I finally understood the money as well as I can though. Pujols had just signed his $250M 10 year contract which was insane at the peak of his career. Sure he would draw fans for the Angels and sell many millions in jerseys etc. Literally days later the Angels signed a $20 billion, not million dollar radio, not TV deal for 20 years. Yes it was twice the length of Pujols contract but pretty sure $20B is 80X his contract. The media money big market owners are playing with is just crazy lucrative.
Looks like we will have baseball. https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/3347...ame-season

The story says they'll keep a full 162-game season. Looks like there will be a few more, "Let's play two" days. Pitchers won't have trouble though - they don't have to worry about that pesky batting practice any more.

Though I gotta say I'll miss the opportunities to see moments like Bartolo Colon's HR.
Great news. I thought 162 was off the table by now.
Woo!
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
Glad it's back. Though my Rangers decided to trade off my favorite current Ranger. Can't believe that IKF is gone. I'm afraid that it will be another long season for me.
Maybe a separate baseball thread per MLB season?

Anyway, the Red Sox are back after a slow start, but I'm concerned. We only seem to have 3 bonafide starters, and while our core is great, the rest of the players are frankly really bad. I hope the Sox make some big trades, but that said, continually mortgaging the future isn't a good strategy either. Glad I'm not the general manager.
(06-24-2022, 12:37 PM)ken-do-nim Wrote: Maybe a separate baseball thread per MLB season?

Anyway, the Red Sox are back after a slow start, but I'm concerned.  We only seem to have 3 bonafide starters, and while our core is great, the rest of the players are frankly really bad.  I hope the Sox make some big trades, but that said, continually mortgaging the future isn't a good strategy either.  Glad I'm not the general manager.

Sure, start one.  I will check in.