Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Reopening the Economy May Look Like
My wife and I are considered essential workers, the only difference is that my wife can't go anywhere because to this day she's quarantined for two weeks without pay. Myself, on the other hand, is considered an EXEMPT-ESSENTIAL worker, meaning that I can go to a HOT zone and don't have to be quarantined afterwards.,

We haven't been hit financially due to our constant employment. Sure, we were hit portfolio wise last spring but it made a strong recovery. With a combination of 20 plus years of constant saving the compounding is truly amazing, it almost has to be seen to be believed. Were the hiccups/corrections/recessions over the years painful? HELL YES!! But I always held tight like a freakin' maniac to the point friends called me SICK, called me SICK with every big downturn then during this pandemic a buddy said, "You know, you're doing something right cause financially you're kicking my ass."

IDK, my biggest positive is I change very little. Our jobs, especially mine did not change. Our investment philosophy/plan has not changed. Out and about, definitely more cautious--wash my hands a lot more and wear a mask at proper times.

I like no change, going back to a new normal will be welcomed. Cause let's face it, it's going to be a very long time before things go back to the way it was before the pandemic.

Biden is not going to stop the coronavirus, he's not a magician regardless of what he said during his basement campaign. Trump just can't be blamed Trump anymore, well, that won't stop anytime soon either.

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Reopening the Economy May Look Like - by rayray - 01-23-2021, 12:40 PM