Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New investment research platform for fundamental investors. Looking for beta testers
Hey everyone,

Hope you're doing well and staying safe.

I previously worked at a hedge fund and am now focused on building a new investment research platform for fundamental investors.

We are looking for thoughtful investors that might want to join our private beta and give us feedback on TIKR.com. If you're interested, please message me at support@tikr.com with a bit about your background and I'll get you set up!

Thanks,

Bobby
(04-16-2020, 04:52 PM)TIKR Wrote: Hey everyone,

Hope you're doing well and staying safe.

I previously worked at a hedge fund and am now focused on building a new investment research platform for fundamental investors.

We are looking for thoughtful investors that might want to join our private beta and give us feedback on TIKR.com. If you're interested, please message me at support@tikr.com with a bit about your background and I'll get you set up!

Thanks,
Bobby
You have permission to do this with your very first post without an introduction?  How about you start with a little bit about your background?  I doubt many of us are looking for a blind interview for who knows what.
Sure, my apologies. Happy to do that.

I followed a fairly conventional path for most of my life. Was born in a humble but loving family, managed to get into a top college, was fortunate enough to break into Wall Street, and spent much of my career working at a hedge fund focused on growth investing. But during my time there, I realized that there were a number of resources that we had available to us that were not available to most individual investors.

I thought this was extremely unfair and so I decided to leave my job to follow my passions. Building a business is always hard but I partnered up with a close friend of mine to build TIKR.com. We are working day and night to build the most powerful investment research platform for individual investors.

I think our four points of differentiation are going to be (1) high-quality data with global stocks coverage from Capital IQ - 15+ years of financial data, NAV/FFO/AFFO data, etc, (2) intuitive and easy to use interface, (3) differentiated features that we are building on top of the data based on my prior professional investing experience, (4) significantly lower price point than existing solutions.

We have a lot of work ahead of us but we're excited for what TIKR can become!
Good to see you here.

Guys and gals, it's a legit service. I've been in the beta for a while now and while TIKR hasn't become my main research tool, at least not yet, it does have some nice features that allow you to find and compare the data you want fast. Quite nice charting tools too. It's still in beta so they are continuously working on improving it... actually I just logged in since I haven't done that in a while and it's great to see that they have added a feature I suggested as well as fixed the bug I found. It has actually improved quite a lot from where it was a few months ago!

I'd say that if you have some free time in your hands, then give it a try.
(04-16-2020, 09:09 PM)TIKR Wrote: Sure, my apologies. Happy to do that.

I followed a fairly conventional path for most of my life. Was born in a humble but loving family, managed to get into a top college, was fortunate enough to break into Wall Street, and spent much of my career working at a hedge fund focused on growth investing. But during my time there, I realized that there were a number of resources that we had available to us that were not available to most individual investors.

I thought this was extremely unfair and so I decided to leave my job to follow my passions. Building a business is always hard but I partnered up with a close friend of mine to build TIKR.com. We are working day and night to build the most powerful investment research platform for individual investors.

I think our four points of differentiation are going to be (1) high-quality data with global stocks coverage from Capital IQ - 15+ years of financial data, NAV/FFO/AFFO data, etc, (2) intuitive and easy to use interface, (3) differentiated features that we are building on top of the data based on my prior professional investing experience, (4) significantly lower price point than existing solutions.

We have a lot of work ahead of us but we're excited for what TIKR can become!
Sorry for roughing you up at the door.  But you know, this is a money site and who is the Bobby guy?   Big Grin
Thank you so much for your support, crimsonghost747! Really means a lot. I'll email you separately to get your feedback on how we can further improve our service.

No problem, I totally understand fenders53. Was rude of me to not properly introduce myself first!
My initial impression is this is a VERY good research site. Probably better than my brokerage account tools overall and they are not behind a pay wall at this time (like some of the other financial sites I use). I am going to use TIKR as my primary for awhile and check it out more thoroughly.
(04-18-2020, 08:14 AM)fenders53 Wrote: My initial impression is this is a VERY good research site.  Probably better than my brokerage account tools overall and they are not behind a pay wall at this time (like some of the other financial sites I use).  I am going to use TIKR as my primary for awhile and check it out more thoroughly.

Thank you, fender53! Really appreciate your thoughts. Feel free to email us whenever at support@tikr.com for any detailed feedback as well. We're truly working day and night to build the best investment research platform for individual investors Smile
(04-18-2020, 10:14 AM)TIKR Wrote:
(04-18-2020, 08:14 AM)fenders53 Wrote: My initial impression is this is a VERY good research site.  Probably better than my brokerage account tools overall and they are not behind a pay wall at this time (like some of the other financial sites I use).  I am going to use TIKR as my primary for awhile and check it out more thoroughly.

Thank you, fender53! Really appreciate your thoughts. Feel free to email us whenever at support@tikr.com for any detailed feedback as well. We're truly working day and night to build the best investment research platform for individual investors Smile
I'll do that if I have any problems.  After just a few hours of use a few things are clear.

-It makes my Vanguard tools look really bad, but they are in the mutual fund/index fund biz.  They aren't encouraging the individual stock research this forum would desire. 

-Even in beta already a little better than My TD-Ameritrade research tools except for analyst reports.  I know those cost money to provide. 

I guess I have one question.  Can I easily see current credit ratings for a company on TIKR?  AAA-BBB- etc.
So glad to hear it! Yes, we currently don't have access to credit ratings nor research reports. However, we do hope to add this over time as we scale the business and can afford to pay for more datasets. Glad to hear that TIKR is adding value to your investment process!