Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Decision while the trend is going down
Great advice from the guys.  Most of us probably agree the market is likely to drop a little more, perhaps even a lot more, but we don't know for sure.  Timing your re-entry is where you are highly likely to miss.  It is proven the majority of historical stock market gains occur during very short periods of time.  Your apprehension is normal.  Hindsight is 20/20, and we learn more about investing in times like this.  Going forward I build a small cash position of 10% if you are young.  I don't feel completely helpless during a downturn if I can buy a few stocks on deep discount.  

What you are talking about is capitulation and the delusion you can time the market consistently.  Most that give in to the fear regret it eventually.  Don't do today what you wish you had done yesterday.  The market will flip BEFORE the skies are blue.  If you wait for safety, you will miss half the ride  The market teaches this lesson over an over.  I've usually been very uncomfortable with my best investments.  Hang in there and be prepared for it next time.  There will be a next time.  You will see some of us here trying to trade around this somewhat (including myself).  This isn't investing, and most of us will get it wrong, whether this time or next time.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Decision while the trend is going down - by Binary - 03-17-2020, 02:40 AM
RE: Decision while the trend is going down - by fenders53 - 03-17-2020, 05:13 AM