Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your three worst moves lately?
I love these old threads. I just re-read the first page and a lot of comments are just comical two years later. Sometimes less than six months later lol.

When I buy or sell shares I can scroll down and see my trades on the same ticker from a few years ago. Last spring is traumatic. I was flipping MCD and TXRH and many other famous names, knocking down 25%+ profits in a week or a month. It looked so brilliant at the time. Little did I know I had purchased ten great stocks at the absolute COVID bottom. Almost all of them doubled from the price I sold at profitably only about a year ago. I did hold a few of them, but I dumped some great companies I am nibbling back at far higher prices.

In my defense I was pretty shell shocked at the time and just trying to recover some of my port value back and the market seemed very dangerous. I owned many stocks COVID was sure to devastate and the FEDs free money for all programs had not yet started.
Only three? I’m sure I may have more. Two that sting are not buying ABBV at the bottom hoping it would hit 100 and buying a couple ARK funds close to the top.

I got time however. 6 years to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Worst recent move was adding to GNRC the past few months.. I will ride it out. Sales may be less robust so it might de a long wait. Covered calls premiums are sweet but it is so crushed I have to stay way out of the money pr I will have another regret at some point when it partially recovers suddenly, and it will.
Hmmm, most of my regrets are about the things I considered buying but didn't...

At the height (depths?) of the early 2020 covid sell-off I had an order for 1000 shares of RICK at below $7 per share filled out on my screen and just decided to wait a bit longer. Missed a quick ten-bagger with that hesitation.

At least I grabbed a bit of XOM at $30 and BEN at $15.