Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Speculative Stocks....
(06-05-2020, 08:24 AM)EricL Wrote: DOW up 700+ points pre-market on a positive jobs report.

Weeee!

Did you add more DG this morning under $182?
(06-05-2020, 08:47 AM)kblake Wrote:
(06-05-2020, 08:24 AM)EricL Wrote: DOW up 700+ points pre-market on a positive jobs report.

Weeee!

Can't add anything. I'm 100% invested.

Happy to see my XOM and EOG up another 7% today though. I'm back in the green on my overall EOG position, and now just 10% away from it on XOM.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
(06-05-2020, 09:03 AM)EricL Wrote:
(06-05-2020, 08:47 AM)kblake Wrote:

Weeee!

Can't add anything. I'm 100% invested.

Happy to see my XOM and EOG up another 7% today though. I'm back in the green on my overall EOG position, and now just 10% away from it on XOM.
I knew that was the answer lol.  Good for you Eric.  Staying invested usually works.  Those of us who trade more may occasionally get the timing right, but we miss just as often over an investing career.  Glad you stayed the course with your plan.
ETSY is starting to look pretty tempting around $120.

Had really good earnings earlier this week, and trades at a 60 PE on current estimates.
(10-30-2020, 02:46 PM)EricL Wrote: ETSY is starting to look pretty tempting around $120.

Had really good earnings earlier this week, and trades at a 60 PE on current estimates.
If they don't agree on a stimulus a lot of things may get cheap in a week or two.  Maybe getting a little late to save Christmas?  I need to check out Etsy.  A lot of my companies are planning big layoffs real soon.
(10-30-2020, 02:46 PM)EricL Wrote: ETSY is starting to look pretty tempting around $120.

I love ETSY. They will do well in any economy. These kind of companies are the future. They are growing at 80%. Not many can say that lol

I own ETSY, PIN, TDCO, SNAP, PYPL, FIVN, BILL, TTWO and may other name like this. Some I bought in early and some not  Big Grin

All these companies they say are stay at home stocks. But The truth is they are companies that cater to everyone and everyone uses there products or needs them in one way or another. 

Today is the biggest hit I have taken ever lol. But I'm shaken it off. Time for some shots  Big Grin

But all these names are long term holds unless something dramatic happens with their business 

It seems no one wants value any more, Unless it's growth oriented. I have a ton of value names as well but I'm not betting on a recovery any time soon lol.The growth names are where the action is. Expensive yes, but its about the future.. But on days like today you get smashed lol

Sorry I said too much as always.. But to answer your question ETSY is a winner
(10-30-2020, 03:13 PM)divmenow Wrote:

I love ETSY. They will do well in any economy. These kind of companies are the future. They are growing at 80%. Not many can say that lol

I own ETSY, PIN, TDCO, SNAP, PYPL, FIVN, BILL, TTWO and may other name like this. Some I bought in early and some not  Big Grin

All these companies they say are stay at home stocks. But The truth is they are companies that cater to everyone and everyone uses there products or needs them in one way or another. 

Today is the biggest hit I have taken ever lol. But I'm shaken it off. Time for some shots  Big Grin

But all these names are long term holds unless something dramatic happens with their business 

It seems no one wants value any more, Unless it's growth oriented. I have a ton of value names as well but I'm not betting on a recovery any time soon lol.The growth names are where the action is. Expensive yes, but its about the future.. But on days like today you get smashed lol

Sorry I said too much as always.. But to answer your question ETSY is a winner
I think most of us enjoy the commentary.  Honesty is good and our group is small.  If we leave out the bad part our advice is pretty useless IMO.  I'm only down about 3% total since this dip started.  I am also WAY underperforming those like you with a bunch of high fliers in the port this year.  

Unlike a MOMO forum, everyone here can explain why they bought a stock, and usually prepared to hold it a few years if that's how it ends.    

I own nearly 50 stocks, and got beat up by JNJ and LLY this week.  How does that even happen with no big news?  Smile Guns saved me some, and the UTEs usually skip the first part of a market pull back.  Probably get my beating next week.
(10-30-2020, 02:59 PM)fenders53 Wrote:

If they don't agree on a stimulus a lot of things may get cheap in a week or two.  Maybe getting a little late to save Christmas?  I need to check out Etsy.  A lot of my companies are planning big layoffs real soon.

Honestly I'm getting sick of the stimulus talk. Companies like ETSY did well without it and they will continue to do so. People spend their stimulus money on necessities. There not going to run out and say OMG, OMG I got $1200 let me go spend it on ETSY lol. No the ones who need it will put it toward electric heating bill, food, rent, home repairs and things like that. 80% of Americans spend it that way. It's a fact. 

ETSY wil thrive because women like to buy stuff and love what they offer. Its a money machine and as long as women spend its not going away any time soon  Big Grin

My moto has always been.. Invest in what women love  Tongue

When I get $1200 I spend it on booze and weed  Big Grin

And the stimulus is coming.. We all know it... I'm happy it was delayed. I wouldn't have bought stocks a week ago. This week different story lol
(10-30-2020, 03:28 PM)divmenow Wrote:
(10-30-2020, 02:59 PM)fenders53 Wrote:

Honestly I'm getting sick of the stimulus talk. Companies like ETSY did well without it and they will continue to do so. People spend their stimulus money on necessities. There not going to run out and say OMG, OMG I got $1200 let me go spend it on ETSY lol. No the ones who need it will put it toward electric heating bill, food, rent, home repairs and things like that. 80% of Americans spend it that way. It's a fact. 

ETSY wil thrive because women like to buy stuff and love what they offer. Its a money machine and as long as women spend its not going away any time soon  Big Grin

My moto has always been.. Invest in what women love  Tongue

When I get $1200 I spend it on booze and weed  Big Grin

And the stimulus is coming.. We all know it... I'm happy it was delayed. I wouldn't have bought stocks a week ago. This week different story lol
They wore it out for political gain.  My take is both sides are carefully calculating how to gain 5 votes and only lose 4.  It doesn't affect them, it doesn't affect me, but their actions are BS.  I do know a helluva lot of people that could use it last month.  Just loaned my kid rent money.  She normally works 55HRS a week so it's not like her.  Not her fault the GOV put a ton of small business out of business around here.       

A lot of my companies don't need a stimulus, but some major industries do.  Or do we let them BK and let the chips fall on the stock market (and unemployment rates)?  I won't lie, I enjoy it when the market flies high lol.
Just for your information for speculation of a new vegan meat company.

In the small city I am living (Victoria, BC, Canada), there is a company listed in CA OTC market (and US OTC) just few months ago called "The Very Good Butchers". The small company so far only have a small storefront in our downtown, and a small production facility north at our city's border. The product is very tasty among all other vegan product available in the super market, i like their British banger most.

https://www.verygoodbutchers.com/

The shop was in town for few years, their sales was by the small storefront, and also focus online before been listed (e.g one of my colleague do subscribe the package online, so they deliver to office once a month). Not known by many.

This year their product start to appear in our local grocery stores, even in the only WholeFood market in the town.

And currently they have two bigger factories in both Vancouver (CA) and California (US) under construction and expect to be in operation around next summer or so. So presumably they will start to push the products into more channel and more marketing expected.

They are still very small and lot of upside. Please do DD if interested.
I added the gun stocks to my spec foray sometime back. More cautious now as the big run is over and I'm not in the camp that believes the US is in for an election induced civil. I traded Ruger (RGR, and VSTO). I will keep a small around of VSTO. They sell the better brand outdoor accessories and ammo. Gun huggers collect this stuff and they seem to be on a good path. They aren't just about guns though and their brand portfolio is growing. The pure play gun stocks will sit in my watchlist as I think they will pull back hard as tensions fade. Whatever month that happens I don't really know. The better ones will be a cyclical buy for a long time IMO. We'll see what the balance sheets look like after this good year.

BTW I a not a raging 2A zealot, just a hobbyist that sees what's going on in politics. My family target shoots, fishes and camps and I know the products these companies sell.
Great day for my trading portfolio with SQ up 14% and TTD up 27% on good earnings reports.