Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
favorite financial paper/online source?
(11-25-2019, 05:03 PM)rayray Wrote: Yea, I use to enjoy Kiplingers and Money Mag years ago--even Forbes and Fortune magazines. My grandparents use to get all of those back in the day.

I might try WSJ because I do enjoy that paper--I usually get it when we go on vacation as one of my flight reads to pass the time. I was just wondering about IBD?

Going to the library for a look would be a good idea!

I heard about Valueline!

Valueline was very good. Had my investment club stayed together, half the stocks and perhaps more than that are ten baggers today.  We exclusively used VL to pick stocks.  Tried to pay attention to value investing principles.  I don't know about IBD these days.  Back then it was about momentum investing period.  Purchases were made according to strong RSI and adjust as you go.  About the opposite of what we do here.  The strategy would have worked great the past ten years.  Probably not a bad way to assemble the riskier high flyers part of your port if you are interested.  It was a strat where you buy ten or more stocks and prepare to get killed on 30% with a few big winners in the mix.

Messages In This Thread
RE: favorite financial paper/online source? - by fenders53 - 11-25-2019, 09:44 PM