Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PM / MO Merger?!
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/10/03/vaping-l...-says.html

Please read "Key Point #3",  at the top of this article.  It's pretty much what we have been discussing all along.  The FDA must be working overtime trying to figure out how to regulate this mess in a hurry.  JUUL would be toast without MO's help.  I'm very curious what kind of toxins these idiot bootleggers are/were adding to the THC.  Or is there some legal cannabis oil ingredient that becomes a toxin only when heated?
(10-03-2019, 04:16 PM)fenders53 Wrote: https://www.cnbc.com/2019/10/03/vaping-l...-says.html

Please read "Key Point #3",  at the top of this article.  It's pretty much what we have been discussing all along.  The FDA must be working overtime trying to figure out how to regulate this mess in a hurry.  JUUL would be toast without MO's help.  I'm very curious what kind of toxins these idiot bootleggers are/were adding to the THC.  Or is there some legal cannabis oil ingredient that becomes a toxin only when heated?

https://seekingalpha.com/news/3517298-cd...ng-liquids

A little more info. So, it's black market THC carts with these additives that are the problem, not JUUL, Blu, or the other legit vaping tech that has been used without any remarkable ill effects for years by people looking for an alternative to cigarettes. 

Some of the folks affected by the adulterated THC vaping carts were getting sick within weeks of exposure. Most of the JUUL (MO) and Blu (BTI) customers would have been sick or dead years ago if it were their pods causing the issue.
(11-08-2019, 04:36 PM)Otter Wrote:
(10-03-2019, 04:16 PM)fenders53 Wrote: https://www.cnbc.com/2019/10/03/vaping-l...-says.html

A little more info. So, it's black market THC carts with these additives that are the problem, not JUUL, Blu, or the other legit vaping tech that has been used without any remarkable ill effects for years by people looking for an alternative to cigarettes. 

Some of the folks affected by the adulterated THC vaping carts were getting sick within weeks of exposure. Most of the JUUL (MO) and Blu (BTI) customers would have been sick or dead years ago if it were their pods causing the issue.

I agree, but it will take time to sort out studies, and in the meantime JUUL's marketing to kids caught the limelight.  They are guilty as hell of that.  Even if you don't believe that, what you won't prove is JUUL knew who was using their product and did little to prevent it.  They appear to be in a prove their innocence situation rather than the other way around.  They've already folded like a lawn chair on flavors and it was probably prudent for the foreseeable future. 

I've read a lot of folks on SA pretend this was MOs master plan and the JUUL investment was brilliant even at the price they paid.  That's a bunch of Kool-Aid drinking right there.  MO will be OK IMO, but they flushed some serious money they could have sent us next year in a monster dividend raise.  Smile
(11-08-2019, 11:31 PM)fenders53 Wrote:

I agree, but it will take time to sort out studies, and in the meantime JUUL's marketing to kids caught the limelight.  They are guilty as hell of that.  Even if you don't believe that, what you won't prove is JUUL knew who was using their product and did little to prevent it.  They appear to be in a prove their innocence situation rather than the other way around.  They've already folded like a lawn chair on flavors and it was probably prudent for the foreseeable future. 

I've read a lot of folks on SA pretend this was MOs master plan and the JUUL investment was brilliant even at the price they paid.  That's a bunch of Kool-Aid drinking right there.  MO will be OK IMO, but they flushed some serious money they could have sent us next year in a monster dividend raise.  Smile

I agree. In hindsight, MO appears to have overpaid for its stake in Juul. They purchased with knowledge of the advertising issues, and I suspect that was baked into the price they paid (they probably anticipated being able to smooth over a lot of that with regulators once they had control over Juul). The vaping illness panic that shone a bright media/government spotlight onto Juul and other vaping companies was not foreseen, and in light of that, it looks like MO got less than they bargained for, as the regulatory pressure they encountered was much greater. 

I still think that ultimately they will control substantial market share in the nicotine vaping market through Juul. It will just take longer for that investment to pay off.
(11-11-2019, 10:01 AM)Otter Wrote:
(11-08-2019, 11:31 PM)fenders53 Wrote:

I agree. In hindsight, MO appears to have overpaid for its stake in Juul. They purchased with knowledge of the advertising issues, and I suspect that was baked into the price they paid (they probably anticipated being able to smooth over a lot of that with regulators once they had control over Juul). The vaping illness panic that shone a bright media/government spotlight onto Juul and other vaping companies was not foreseen, and in light of that, it looks like MO got less than they bargained for, as the regulatory pressure they encountered was much greater. 

I still think that ultimately they will control substantial market share in the nicotine vaping market through Juul. It will just take longer for that investment to pay off.

Once the vaping deaths subside there will be a clearer path forward.
Even companies buy/invest too soon lol

Great...join the crowd!
(11-11-2019, 11:32 AM)rayray Wrote: Even companies buy/invest too soon lol

Great...join the crowd!

Yes they do, and overpaying doesn't seem all that rare.  I'm just making conversation anyway.  Venting off due to the ludicrous stuff I read on SA sometimes.  You guys and gals are more level headed here IMO.
New 52-week high for Altria, and Phillip Morris recently hit one as well.

Looks like a potential breakout for MO, and it's still yielding 7.67% to boot.

My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
I think PM is still shy of a 52W high.
Another 52-week high for MO, now closing in on $49.

May be your last chance to get it at a 7%+ yield...
$52 now, closing in on a 6.5% yield...
Yeah the price movement on MO is pretty wild right now. I think I missed out.