Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
lucas03 dividend portfolio
I added some REITs in past months - STOR, SKT and SPG. I like STOR, for SKT I was mostly dollar cost averaging. I think REITs are pusnished to much because of corona, we will see. I am 8% invested in REIT industry, which is not that bad still I believe.

Also was thinking about long term tech companies. I will need to spend a lot of time investigating there, but currently I bought a fraction of GOOG, I really like their products and business model. Hopefully we will get a chance to buy cheaper within few years beccause of America/Europe regulations.

I have two portfolios now. One is 4 year old DGI portfolio and another one for growers or companies I believe in - tech companies with good culture, products or sectors that I believe will grow in the future, like security.
What is your investment thesis on SKT?
Hm, I don't know. Original buy was a year ago, probably checked some financial data in yahoo, seekingalpha and read some presentation on investors.tangeroutlet.com
(10-11-2020, 01:50 PM)lucas03 Wrote: Hm, I don't know. Original buy was a year ago, probably checked some financial data in yahoo, seekingalpha and read some presentation on investors.tangeroutlet.com

I was just making conversation.  I'm an SKT hater.  Smile  STOR is on my watch list.  SPG seems like a good buy at the right price.  They may have a very different BIZ model 10 years from now but its hard to imagine they don't adapt.  If they don't survive there is no such thing as a shopping mall anymore.  I made some money trading REITs off the March lows but I may well regret I didn't keep more shares than I did.  I am hoping for one more chance.
As I was buying REITs and Oil stocks in 2020, I was doing a bit worse than SP500, recently that started shifting:
[Image: qbY0EMHXgDGMyNZGdRhRtJtOwbSre3]

I've been buying T, ABBV, VZ and NHI recently. I also did a few buys on more risky GEO.
I've also bought some T, ABBV, and VZ recently. NHI looks solid I might pick some up.

But GEO? That downward slope scares the tar off of me. Sure 12.41% yield is awesome, but they will almost certainly lower the dividend as the price falls.

My top yielder is ORC at 12.94%. But at least since March 2020 the stock price is headed in the right direction.
I did not buy dividend stocks in May, I was saving for a real estate mortgage. But still, dividends covered 13.14% of my living costs. Hopefully, I can finish the real estate deal soon and pour the rest of the money into dividend stocks. I am still over SP500 a bit, but doubt I will manage it for a long time. As I have 70 stocks, it should move similarly to SP500.
It's my 7th positive month in a row, in regards to market capitalization, so I expect to have some negative months soon. And market capitalization for May looks ok to me.
13% of your living costs and you're only around 30 years old? Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Btw just peeked at GEO and NHI. Looks like GEO suspended that lovely dividend and is falling fast, and NHI has been falling recently too might be a good price now.
Quote:Looks like GEO suspended that lovely dividend and is falling fast, and NHI has been falling recently too might be a good price now.
thanks for the comment. Yep, GEO suspended the dividend, but I am still thinking long-term it might be a good buy. for NHI, I'm down less than 5%, but as I don't see many good buys now, I might buy more.
I bought NHI, AAPL, ABBV, VZ, MO, and WTRG last month.