Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let's make a 5-6 stock portfolio!
(06-12-2021, 07:57 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(06-12-2021, 07:25 AM)rayray Wrote:
(06-08-2021, 09:51 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(06-08-2021, 09:33 AM)rayray Wrote:
(06-06-2021, 12:33 PM)fenders53 Wrote: Likely great stocks long-term but they aren't anything like cheap and this is a new investor so I still vote for diversification.  No sense getting them killed and turning them off on stocks.  It's still wise even if they give up some short-term gains if tech runs.

yea, i understand but imho, amzn/fb/googl are decent buys even at these levels--especially to start a foundation of stocks

looking at it as adding little by little

pico y pico
No diversification, shame on you Ray!

Smile

Fenders--HAHA--you're right!!

APPL
AMAT
ABBV
MGA
TD
AMT

or

AMZN
BABA
PLTR
SOFI
TTD
TDOC

i know...dividends vs no dividends

i actually own positions in all except AMT and TTD

but for long term, imho, all will be winners
I like most of those, but some are chapter two for a new investor you are trying to teach the concept of DGI.  I wouldn't bet the whole farm on one strategy though.  A full decade will come out of nowhere and make it feel like you don't know what you are doing.  Just a couple extra % in AVG annual returns from a few growth stocks will make a lot of difference in your port balance in just 20 years.

agree 100% that's why i have a mix of both

when young though i see no issue building a good base of solid growth stocks--however, certain stocks considered growth might be ready or soon within the next decade or so to enter their next phase from growth to solid blue chip...one that comes to mind is amazon
(06-22-2021, 07:06 PM)rayray Wrote:
(06-12-2021, 07:57 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(06-12-2021, 07:25 AM)rayray Wrote:
(06-08-2021, 09:51 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(06-08-2021, 09:33 AM)rayray Wrote: yea, i understand but imho, amzn/fb/googl are decent buys even at these levels--especially to start a foundation of stocks

looking at it as adding little by little

pico y pico
No diversification, shame on you Ray!

Smile

Fenders--HAHA--you're right!!

APPL
AMAT
ABBV
MGA
TD
AMT

or

AMZN
BABA
PLTR
SOFI
TTD
TDOC

i know...dividends vs no dividends

i actually own positions in all except AMT and TTD

but for long term, imho, all will be winners
I like most of those, but some are chapter two for a new investor you are trying to teach the concept of DGI.  I wouldn't bet the whole farm on one strategy though.  A full decade will come out of nowhere and make it feel like you don't know what you are doing.  Just a couple extra % in AVG annual returns from a few growth stocks will make a lot of difference in your port balance in just 20 years.

agree 100% that's why i have a mix of both

when young though i see no issue building a good base of solid growth stocks--however, certain stocks considered growth might be ready or soon within the next decade or so to enter their next phase from growth to solid blue chip...one that comes to mind is amazon
I agree.  I liked your original list though a couple stocks to diversify is never a horrible idea.  Crimson did a good job for the first tranche.  FAANG may well double twice in the next 10 years, or it might go flat while value returns.  We prepare for both possibilities because we are smart like that.  Smile   

AAPL is my pick for fall to normal Blue Chip.  They all look pretty good though I have no interest n Netflix and AAPL has a tough hill to climb to justify the multiple.  Last quarter was awesome though.  Both political parties and EU are getting a little tired of the FAANG world dominance in all things.  Stand by for your new spin-offs some year soon. Smile  They will spin off some good companies so truly not sounding an alarm of any sort.  Things evolve.