Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Doghouse stocks
This list would have been a lot longer if you had asked me in December because I purchased a lot of new shares in SEP-NOV. But here are my current "dogs"

CVS- Down about 20% and it happened inside of 30 days. Honestly I am pessimistic on this one but I will hold it for years, and sell a few covered calls when it makes sense along the way. The valuation makes me stick around. I'll just ignore it for awhile. Probably a long while.

KHC- This one's a turkey. My decision to hold it is hard to defend. I caught a break and got called out of some shares right before the latest fiasco. Blind luck cut this problem in half for me. I only have a half dozen rules I try to religiously abide by. This one falls under "never do today what you wish you had done last week". I had no confidence and I held on anyway. I'll collect the Div, sell a few covered calls and see what happens.

AAPL- This is just a timing thing. I've done fine on AAPL over the years but my position was small. Bought a bunch of shares right before it melted down and averaged down for months. It will be OK, but I will be a long time waiting on a typical AAPL share holder's profit.

Messages In This Thread
Doghouse stocks - by RyanCMason - 03-11-2019, 04:16 PM
RE: Doghouse stocks - by fenders53 - 03-11-2019, 09:11 PM
RE: Doghouse stocks - by Otter - 03-12-2019, 08:19 AM