Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Apple (AAPL)
I wonder what AAPL's next div increase will look like. Should be announced in the next month or two. Will they stick with ~8% bumps or will we get something great like 25%+
I'm thinking that they will raise the dividend to $0.52 for a 10.6% raise. Would love to be wrong and see something much higher.
Yeah, I figure that raises will be pretty moderate until there is a deal on repatriating all the cash held outside the country.
(02-13-2015, 09:02 AM)rapidacid Wrote: I wonder what AAPL's next div increase will look like. Should be announced in the next month or two. Will they stick with ~8% bumps or will we get something great like 25%+

Apple will announced updates to its capital allocation program in April.
Apple is unstoppable ... lordy
(02-23-2015, 01:38 PM)rapidacid Wrote: Apple is unstoppable ... lordy

I have been investing in Apple since the late 1990's and I think it is great.

It is a slightly overweight position in my dividend growth portfolio.

I also have about 30% of our portfolios available for Apple options - now 10% of our portfolios are in Jan 2016 and 2017 positions and 20% in cash, having sold all our March, April and May calls at substantial gains last week.

I use some of the proceeds from our call profits - and there have been profits since 2009 - into our dividend growth portfolio (those profits funded the entire portfolio back in 2012), special items like a trip to Spain and Portugal this spring and for paying taxes, and to plow back into Apple options.

I predict that the capital allocation announcement this April will include a increase to the share buyback, which will amplify the effect of net income growth on EPS. To mean that indicates it is time to stay in calls, though in its current overbought condition, I am not adding any at this time - but have 20% of our portfolios in cash for the next opportunity.