Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Home Depot, an ongoing discussion....
The understaffing is problematic. Customers voice their opinion and it's not pleasant. And some customers tell me they are at HD because our major competitors are worse at manning depts. If you know what you need and it isn't large AMZN looks attractive. HD highly improved their online sales model during Covid. Details shared in recent earnings calls. They also launched buy online pick up in store.

As a share holder it's interesting to watch. HD is very efficient. Except in a small store where they store products to the moon. We aren't automated like a modern warehouse and the amount of human time moving products multiple times needs evaluated.

Other big box retail has a completely different approach. An Autozone parts man makes 20% less than the high school aged cashier at HD or TGT. AZ barely gets somebody trained before they move on. HD has a lot of employees with well over 5 yrs service.

This whole adventure makes me so thankful I pursued a good career. A lot of my co-workers scratch hard to pay their bills. I am there because I want to stay out of my IRA a few years. I was fully retired for years.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Home Depot, an ongoing discussion.... - by Binary - 02-26-2019, 06:22 AM
RE: Home Depot, an ongoing discussion.... - by fenders53 - 04-12-2021, 04:56 AM