Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Home Depot, an ongoing discussion....
(08-17-2019, 06:51 AM)fenders53 Wrote: -(A)In my small store that only does about $30M annual sales, it's very typical to have 3-4 live cashiers plus ASSISTED checkout. Don't ever say SELF Checkout Mike.

(B) I am curious how Lowes handles their training. I am going to drop by and ask their millworkers sometime just out of curiousity.

(A) I don't know the volume of my nearby stores (60056) but they seldom have that much up front staff. Their best dept. IMO is the tool rental.

(B) I may have told this Lowes story, I tell it to everyone. I wanted to buy a pre-hung stock steel door that was on sale and have Lowes install it. Get the price, a fee is charged for a guy to come out and verify the fit and deducted at the end. This guy comes out and tells my wife that the opening is not standard so we need a custom door. $700 more and 3 weeks lead time. I get home and measure, again. Spot on.

I call Lowes and they tell me they stick with their guy as he would be the installer as well. The manager would not listen or budge off the "he's our guy" position. I would have been out $700 extra and he would have furred the opening down to "make it fit".

I will never shop Lowes and will never invest in Lowes.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Home Depot, an ongoing discussion.... - by Binary - 02-26-2019, 06:22 AM
RE: Home Depot, an ongoing discussion.... - by NilesMike - 08-17-2019, 05:33 PM