Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Home Depot, an ongoing discussion....
I can state with confidence the associates at my store have well above average product knowledge, and 95% of them are great at customer service. The bad news is the flooring sales woman is clueless about plumbing. When she is approached, she has to grab the First Phone and try in vain to get the customer help. But plumbing is not manned for the next 6 hours, so she calls me because she knows millwork is right next to plumbing, and she knows I won't tell her no I am too busy and leave her dealing with an angry customer. I end up working 3-5 departments during my shift. That would be OK if I was caught up and closing my high end door and window sales, and restocking my shelves with heavy stuff withe my non-existent spare time. If I make a small mistake it's big money. It's very stressful if you actually care, which I do. No custom door order mistakes so far, but the day is coming and I dread it. P.S. I don't dealing with wealthy entitled people. Glad I didn't make retail my actual career. I'd be in prison by now lol. Most of my customers are very nice, because I am nice to them.

I still love my store manager. With HD for 18 years and the man works like a mule at least a a few hours a day. Walks into your department when it looks like a tornado struck with pallets of heavy doors cluttering my aisles. Starts putting real heavy stuff where it belongs for me. Gives you a fist bump as he leaves and tells you everything is going to be fine. Just keep our customers happy. My favorite Assistant Store Manager got fired last month for weak sales in the specialty departments. I guess district level and higher had to throw a few virgins into the volcano as a sacrifice. Publically traded retail is absolutely ruthless. If HD fires my store manager for poor sales I swear I will quit, sell my HD shares and then go short HD. Smile

Messages In This Thread
RE: Home Depot, an ongoing discussion.... - by Binary - 02-26-2019, 06:22 AM
RE: Home Depot, an ongoing discussion.... - by fenders53 - 04-14-2019, 08:30 AM