Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Home Depot, an ongoing discussion....
(04-13-2019, 08:48 PM)fenders53 Wrote:   .......The HD response is to cut hours and under staff departments.  Trust me that ticks the customers off. I hear about it hourly.....  

Funny, I haven't been happy with HD for a couple of decades, maybe more and Lowe's, forgetaboutit, I was never impressed. I remember the first time HD showed up in my neck of the woods in the 1980's, my step-father and I were in awe! Almost every department had an experienced retiree working a department they knew something about, had a electrical question--no problem! Had a plumbing question--no problem!! Wanted a specific screw, nut, bracket, some kind of attachment someone would find it for you. Wanted to check about something like building a ramp, walk to the contracting department and they'd bring out a book or some information and look at it with you. Now, all I want to do is find the right aisle and if an employee sees me coming they turn around and bolt...lol. Or, they don't know....or I ask a question and I get a blank stare. But such is life--sometimes I think we're getting dumber as a society.

I dread going to my local HD (any of them now) or Lowe's. I have more luck at my local Ace Hardware, maybe because it's a lot smaller and just easier to find something. How I miss the local family owned hardware stores but what a lot of people talk about what Amazon did to retail, Home Depot did the same thing long ago to mom-and-pop hardware stores as Walmart did it to, well, a lot of different kinds of family owned businesses.

Every time I think about buying HD stock I think about that employee walking quickly in the opposite direction--it keeps me from pulling the trigger--it gets me a little emotional and I can't invest when I'm emotional lol.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Home Depot, an ongoing discussion.... - by Binary - 02-26-2019, 06:22 AM
RE: Home Depot, an ongoing discussion.... - by rayray - 04-14-2019, 07:50 AM