Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Home Depot, an ongoing discussion....
Yes the Pro accounts are growing but HD is spinning it some. 80% of those Pros are small-time Pros, not house builders with twenty house builds in progress at any given time. But the small-time Pros show up on the way to the jobsite to start their day like clockwork and get some materials. What these small-time Pros don't need is a clueless kid that will be gone in a couple months, making $9.50 an hour, screwing up their order with wrong product and messing up their day by requiring a return trip. That is exactly why they tell us they are here. They want to tell the Pro desk what they need, and leave without triple checking their order. They wish to check out in the Pro lane where Candy will be there giving them their daily smile, just like everyday the last 5 years because she isn't job hunting because she has good benefits for a retail job. Building materials are frequently scuffed because getting it here cheap is the priority for most suppliers. It's just how it is. That will be handled by an empowered cashier who can give a small discount to make it right. Jsut make the Pro happy without giving away the store. Pros have no time for the lowest wage employee and they are OK with paying some premium for less hassle. I truly think this is HD's secret to success. Get some decent help and keep them. VERY few chain retailers have figured this out. Practically none actually. Trying to even find a cashier at local Lowe's during rush hour is a challenge. They are chasing the Wal-Mart, almost no live cashiers model. I hear that constantly at work. I've lived it myself and it is aggravating.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Home Depot, an ongoing discussion.... - by Binary - 02-26-2019, 06:22 AM
RE: Home Depot, an ongoing discussion.... - by fenders53 - 02-26-2019, 09:34 PM