Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Home Depot, an ongoing discussion....
(02-25-2019, 09:58 PM)crimsonghost747 Wrote: For an investment case, I've been with Lowe's for a while.

Firstly, as some of you know, I don't live in the USA and while I have dropped by in a Home Depot there a few times I've never even seen a Lowe's. At least not from the inside. So my investment decision was based purely on the financials. From what I heard, HD is indeed the better store at least if you are looking for quality. Price? I have no idea. But there has to be something that brings people to Lowe's too as they are not exactly fading away, quite the opposite.

But going back to the investment case. I actually thought HD had a better feel to it than Lowe's, however the pricing at the time is what ultimately made me chose Lowe's. It was ridiculously cheap compared to HD. If I look at the past, I made the right choice.

But I might have to have another look at the two soon since it looks like Lowes' share price has been going up a little faster and I have a feeling the earnings side is a different story. It's good to go over your investments once in a while and see if the reasons you invested in the first place are still valid. I like Lowe's but if I see that the price is more in line with HD then it might be time for a change. Looks like both of them have their earnings coming up soon so I'll wait for those.

Lowe's is a good company that has stumbled on efficiency lately.  They'll fix it before too many quarters pass.  Lowes and HD stores have extremely similar product lines, and compete side by side in many markets.  Viewing both quarters is very good information, no matter which  company you invest in. I think I should have time to listen to the conference call at work today.

Same store sales and margin growth is one thing I wish to dig into when I actually read the earnings report. They have been very good for a few years now and that is going to be hard to maintain going forward.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Home Depot, an ongoing discussion.... - by fenders53 - 02-26-2019, 08:26 AM
RE: Home Depot, an ongoing discussion.... - by Binary - 02-26-2019, 06:22 AM