Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Conservative option strategies, what did you buy or sell today?
Covered calls have been my friend lately, but careful option sells in general actually. I certainly don't overperform when the bull runs wild, but I am finding comfort in my ability to be immune from small market pullbacks. Even a bit more severe dips are thwarted enough. It's happening often enough that I think I have found my spot. I love the instant gratification of a higher premium on a covered call sell close to the money but not doing that initially has paid off. Not selling calls on my entire position makes it more manageable as well. If you sell a bit farther out of the money you have wiggle room to enjoy more of the run when it happens.

On a less happier note my DLTR puts got killed last week. I closed the trade and ate the loss when I should have rolled forward. Would have been completely cured in ten days with a profit on top. Water over the dam but hard not to look back for awhile.

Messages In This Thread
T puts ? - by john - 03-17-2020, 09:33 AM
RE: T puts ? - by fenders53 - 03-17-2020, 10:32 AM
RE: WEN options update - by john - 03-23-2020, 09:53 AM
RE: WEN options update - by fenders53 - 03-23-2020, 10:40 AM
RE: Conservative option strategies, what did you buy or sell today? - by fenders53 - 09-29-2021, 11:09 AM