Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Conservative option strategies, what did you buy or sell today?
I've been doing that with GOLD and NEM for nearly a year selling puts about 2-3 weeks out usually. Probably about 30 times. I got the timing wrong over half the time and it still worked out because the premiums ranged from good to very good. I ended up assigned about three times. Sold calls a few times on those.

If I was recommending a strategy.... "I'm not a licensed financial advisor, do your own due diligence".........

Just kidding, do this lol.... Spread out your contracts if you do more than one. Nobody knows what gold will do for sure, helicopter money or not. I happen to think GOLD and NEM are safer than most for some time to come. They claim they will be cashflow machines with gold much over $1100. I just don't see gold dipping like that with about every other commodity going GameStop mode lol. I think we are supposed to bury gold coins in the yard like a proper gold bug but I prefer the dividends from the big miners. Smile Gold will never be a large part of my port.

BTW, GOLD is supposedly doing a special dividend this summer. That would make it's yield larger than NEMs for 2021 unless NEM does something similar. Pretty good chance GOLD will pop some on that announcement. I don't think a date is published yet but they should have to cash to do it.

Crypto is an issue for gold right now. A 50% correction in crypto will alter that thinking. Until then, some fools will think crypto is a hedge against their spec stocks.

Messages In This Thread
T puts ? - by john - 03-17-2020, 09:33 AM
RE: T puts ? - by fenders53 - 03-17-2020, 10:32 AM
RE: WEN options update - by john - 03-23-2020, 09:53 AM
RE: WEN options update - by fenders53 - 03-23-2020, 10:40 AM
RE: Conservative option strategies, what did you buy or sell today? - by fenders53 - 05-02-2021, 07:26 AM