Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Conservative option strategies, what did you buy or sell today?
If I were starting today I would grab a starter in all four and add to the ones that dip. They are all dividend growers. Revenues have been weak all through Covid. The reason is obvious and not why they are pulling back now. It's interest rates which aren't likely to trend higher than they were when most of these stocks were at least 5% higher. IMO FED won't allow rates to run enough to choke the recovery and the tide likely turns for UTEs. 10 year treasury is the one I watch. Get that above 2% and you can skip the risk of holding most dividend stocks if you only care about income. That's not how I see it but I am not managing a huge fund looking for safe low income for the risk averse. A year from now FED may target sub 1% again and UTEs will head right back to over valued most likely. We love CAP appreciation but if a UTE rises 5% a year and raises the div that's a win over time. I'd go easy on UTEs that run wild with fossil fuel prices. You got that well covered elsewhere. I like it that some of my port doesn't need watched for things out of their control.

Messages In This Thread
T puts ? - by john - 03-17-2020, 09:33 AM
RE: T puts ? - by fenders53 - 03-17-2020, 10:32 AM
RE: WEN options update - by john - 03-23-2020, 09:53 AM
RE: WEN options update - by fenders53 - 03-23-2020, 10:40 AM
RE: Conservative option strategies, what did you buy or sell today? - by fenders53 - 02-19-2021, 10:03 PM