Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Conservative option strategies, what did you buy or sell today?
Still watching PLTR for an option play though it's a little iffy as a conservative move until it pulls back for real. 30 day lows on Momo stocks are still spec. It's getting closer to attractive though.

Sold a MAR strike 30 VSTO on the pullback as the FEBs expire worthless, like every month the past 6 months. Wish I had went in harder on this one but a couple contracts a month has been great when I could catch a 5% premium comfortable enough out of the money. I am sure they are going to kill earnings again next quarter which was my premise in the first place. It just ran 50%+ four months early. Hope it drops more on the gun legislation fear. They sell practically nothing that would be affected.

In the interest of fair reporting I am dancing with utility put sells that expire tomorrow.. I want more shares but near the bottom of course so I am rolling a few forward so I don;t get drawn in all the same day. I slid a few around to transfer some AEP risk to DUK and NEE. I have no idea how this one plays out with interest rates rising. I was weeks early getting serious. As long as I can grab another 1% premium for a month I'll keep adjusting.

Probably sell another gold related put if it drops anymore.

Messages In This Thread
T puts ? - by john - 03-17-2020, 09:33 AM
RE: T puts ? - by fenders53 - 03-17-2020, 10:32 AM
RE: WEN options update - by john - 03-23-2020, 09:53 AM
RE: WEN options update - by fenders53 - 03-23-2020, 10:40 AM
RE: Conservative option strategies, what did you buy or sell today? - by fenders53 - 02-18-2021, 01:35 PM