Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Conservative option strategies, what did you buy or sell today?
Paul, here's what going on with my T before the open this AM. Note I am not particularly bullish or bearish on T in the 29 range and that is when most of the option sells occurred. I do this every month with about five lower risk stocks. I get serious with a larger amount of contracts only when a stock is truly over or under sold. It's a safe enough place to park a little cash most anytime if you stick to decent quality stocks with dividends.

300 shares long with basis around 28.50. (excluding monthly premiums received while holding the shares). I don't wish to sell many shares under my cost. My true cost is about $27 if you want to consider premiums received on calls that expired worthless previous to now.

PUT Strike 28 EXP 1/15 Premium received 51. Currently 41 Up 10
PUT Strike 29 EXP 1/8 57/86 Down 29
CALL Strike 28 EXP 1/15 60/65 Down 5
CALL Strike 30 EXP 1/8 38/11 Up 27
CALL Strike 32.50 EXP 1/22 54/3 Up 51

This is all about consistent income for me. I have no emotional attachment to T. T pays a div this week so that is mostly locked in. I have collected $260 premium up front on these contracts and the extrinsic values should fall rapidly as expirations approach. This doesn't have to work out perfectly to be a win. We'll see what happens.

That strike 28 CALL is potentially problematic. It's in the money with EX-div approaching. We'll keep a close eye on that one.
The strike 32.50 CALL should have been closed end of last week. I was working a lot of hours. Too many positions to keep an eye on. It doesn't expire for over two weeks and it could have been closed for about $5. If T hits 32.50 that fast this mess will still be quite profitable.

I may or may not roll a put or call forward this week and if so I will explain why I did or didn't. If the math doesn't work I'll let it all play out, or buy back the option for a small loss. For my boring income stocks like T-MO-KO-MET-HRL this is a game of inches for me. Collect 10 fifty dollar bills up front and try to only give 1-2 back. It's not about fighting to the death to "win" every trade. It's about consistent as possible monthly income from options.

When I get bored I will add up income received on any one of these boring stocks that went nowhere for all of 2020.

Messages In This Thread
T puts ? - by john - 03-17-2020, 09:33 AM
RE: T puts ? - by fenders53 - 03-17-2020, 10:32 AM
RE: WEN options update - by john - 03-23-2020, 09:53 AM
RE: WEN options update - by fenders53 - 03-23-2020, 10:40 AM
RE: Conservative option strategies, what did you buy or sell today? - by fenders53 - 01-04-2021, 09:20 AM