Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Conservative option strategies, what did you buy or sell today?
(08-11-2020, 11:36 AM)vbin Wrote: Any exciting options you guys looking at? @fenders53 ROKU was a good play. Lol.
Yeah, short my local Buffet owned utility.  Haven't even seen my port for 30 hours.  

This is absolutely not a thread for exciting options.  Believe it or no ROKU was actually fine.  The premiums were stupid good and I collected them more than once.  Got in much cheaper than had I just went long from the start.  I intended to hold it and I will.  FSLY not so much so far.  Those are far from conservative though so didn't mention them on this thread.  Huge difference in what I do with the other 90%+ of my port.  Just got my internet back so I'll find some more conservative plays to chat about.  I have done a lot of precious metal puts the past few months, but I stick with the majors.  Not informed enough to gamble in this sector. I really enjoy this thread but most of the 30 or so puts I sell each month will put you to sleep so I stopped sharing them.  Conservative option pretty much triples my dividend income so I am beginning to question my minimum dividend yield rules. I've gotten looser with that rule with a few plays each month.  But when it all hits the fan I want to be stuck with above average Divs, but not yield traps in dying industries.  Ask me in five years if that was a good plan, but I'm comfortable enough with it the past few years.

Messages In This Thread
T puts ? - by john - 03-17-2020, 09:33 AM
RE: T puts ? - by fenders53 - 03-17-2020, 10:32 AM
RE: WEN options update - by john - 03-23-2020, 09:53 AM
RE: WEN options update - by fenders53 - 03-23-2020, 10:40 AM
RE: Conservative option strategies, what did you buy or sell today? - by fenders53 - 08-11-2020, 09:43 PM