Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Conservative option strategies, what did you buy or sell today?
(05-09-2020, 06:49 AM)john Wrote: I like options. Sold 6 of them for the week ending 5/8/20 they all went my way.
Sold calls on C and CMCSA expired worthless
Sold puts on KMI, KR, PFE expired worthless
This one might start an argument.
I have been selling puts on CCL and getting ~4% return on weekly puts. I think CCL long term will be ok, they have a decent balance sheet.
I will call it my "speculative stock"
Selling puts on CCL??? Did you bump your head John?   

Big Grin   Just kidding. It's all about proper balance over the entire port.  If everything you did this month was exercised are you OK with the outcome?  If so, you're good IMO.  On average I would say one month per year every call or put I have in play is exercised unless I frantically roll them all forward a month or two. Personally I think it's good that you are selling a few calls and puts per month. We can't call the market direction anything like perfect over time, and it helps when you haven't set yourself up to lose every single trade.   

It's my opinion we should share the defeats a well as the victories as we go.  Most of us here seem to do that.  Remember just a few months back when you were asking very basic questions?  You could have easily been led astray.  We try to keep it real here as it is helpful to others.

Messages In This Thread
T puts ? - by john - 03-17-2020, 09:33 AM
RE: T puts ? - by fenders53 - 03-17-2020, 10:32 AM
RE: WEN options update - by john - 03-23-2020, 09:53 AM
RE: WEN options update - by fenders53 - 03-23-2020, 10:40 AM
RE: Conservative option strategies, what did you buy or sell today? - by fenders53 - 05-09-2020, 10:21 AM