Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Conservative option strategies, what did you buy or sell today?
(05-03-2020, 05:13 PM)NilesMike Wrote: I am doing something similar. I got rid of my speculative account, long story, and am going to just grind out wheel trades on quality dividend payers. Sell puts until I get the stock, then covered calls until it's called away. Rinse and repeat. Right now I'm on a CC with T. Sold the October 32 strike. If it's called away, max profit is 11.9% for 168 days. If not called it's 8% return, with capital risk. Should be able to grind out 12-15% a year on these.

My DGI portfolio is down about 11% from ATH, livable.
My true DGI port is down 11-12% and tbat is fine with the SPY down a similar amount.  It required dozens of trades off the dip to make it that good.  My speculative bucket was not that large but it was absolutely devastated.  I couldn't have chosen worse sectors on purpose after the virus hit.  Smile  I had no choice but bail and wait for re-entry if they don't go BK.    

I am going to hope the market has a rough week or two so I can sell puts with more confidence.  The list of stocks I feel completely safe with is very short unless we get a little pull back.  Stocks like T and MO become easy choices when the market gets roughed up.  That probably happens soon enough.  If it doesn't I'll proceed with ultra boring picks fpr now.

Messages In This Thread
T puts ? - by john - 03-17-2020, 09:33 AM
RE: T puts ? - by fenders53 - 03-17-2020, 10:32 AM
RE: WEN options update - by john - 03-23-2020, 09:53 AM
RE: WEN options update - by fenders53 - 03-23-2020, 10:40 AM
RE: Conservative option strategies, what did you buy or sell today? - by fenders53 - 05-03-2020, 10:21 PM