Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Conservative option strategies, what did you buy or sell today?
(03-10-2020, 09:59 PM)NilesMike Wrote: Fenders if you're going to buy call LEAPS, sell a nearer month call above the market. Both will have the same impact from whatever the volatility is and the nearer month will decay faster.

(Buy your LEAP with a 70 Delta or greater, several strikes ITM)

Synthetic covered call is the strategy

I am definitely going to run my selections past you Mike.  You have a much deeper understand of the Greeks.  I definitely plan to over think this lol.  I will NOT be happy if I lose it all and add to my beat down I took the past month.  This whole idea is VERY much contrary to my conservative approach to options.  There is a good reason my normal option strategy wins at such a high percentage.  I don't need to hit five home runs here, but I'm not looking for 2% monthly return either. I will sleep best if I mitigate the risk some.    

-I don't plan to wake up some Monday morning feeling lucky and buy all positions at once.  I will surely miss the timing some so staggering/laddering most anything I ever do in investing usually ends up the better course.  Unless I get lucky, I will leave the positions the same way as I'll be wrong on the exact timing that day too.      

-I will diversify into several sectors.  FB and PG aren't likely to move the same week/month. 

-No commodities!  I don't want to be left hoping the market, a presidential election and Saudi all cooperate at once.  I might as well bet on the weather next Christmas lol.

But first I need to wait for Otter to be quarantined on a cruise ship with a case of the the Carony during a hurricane so we can get closer to max pessimism lol.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Conservative option strategies, what did you buy or sell today? - by fenders53 - 03-11-2020, 08:38 AM
T puts ? - by john - 03-17-2020, 09:33 AM
RE: T puts ? - by fenders53 - 03-17-2020, 10:32 AM
RE: WEN options update - by john - 03-23-2020, 09:53 AM
RE: WEN options update - by fenders53 - 03-23-2020, 10:40 AM