Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Conservative option strategies, what did you buy or sell today?
I know you well enough to know that would be your response. Smile

Short of a very disciplined DCA strat (which I should employ on a few core long holdings) , most every strategy I employ is an attempt to determine an approximate top or bottom. I don't have to get it perfect, but I don't just randomly sell puts or calls at any valuation or point in a stock's trading range (if it has one).

I would never sell a spread on a significant number of stocks at the same time, but a few serve as a hedge to my overall port. No matter if the market crashes or flies to the moon, I always have something making money to temper the overall ports volatility. Anyway the DE trade represents a miniscule amount of my port. Just one contract, which made it barely worth the trouble of following the price almost daily. MAX loss potential $300. My port usually swings that much in the time it took to type this post and that is no exaggeration.

On another subject, I am going to be a put selling madman next week as I am about to get exercised on quite a few CCs today. Some have just ran too high to make it worth the bother to roll them forward.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Conservative option strategies, what did you buy or sell today? - by fenders53 - 11-15-2019, 06:49 AM
T puts ? - by john - 03-17-2020, 09:33 AM
RE: T puts ? - by fenders53 - 03-17-2020, 10:32 AM
RE: WEN options update - by john - 03-23-2020, 09:53 AM
RE: WEN options update - by fenders53 - 03-23-2020, 10:40 AM