Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Conservative option strategies, what did you buy or sell today?
(02-19-2019, 02:07 PM)NilesMike Wrote:
(02-19-2019, 01:58 PM)fenders53 Wrote: The market is not right to sell a put on anything on my watch list today.  I am off work so that is disappointing.  So I present to you boring option trade of the day.

Sold a MET APR 47.50 covered call for .55.  That's only about 7% annualized on the premium.  It's unlikely to be exercised.

This is one of my favorite predictable stocks stuck in a trading range.  $47.50 is well above the recent trading range.  Took me about 6 attempts to buy it via put sale as I sold on the dips.  Finally got exercised in DEC for an average cost of $41.25 (not including the $600 total premiums received along the way).  I've sold calls since then that just expired worthless.  I'm good with selling part of my position for $47.50 if it happens.  MET pays a 4% Div so my intent is to keep some shares longterm, and try to not be called out often at dividend date.   MET trades much like a Ute and it has been good to me.  It's among the easier ones to  manage.

Too funny, I was trading MET last week. I'm in around 43.50 avg.
I've been hyping it here for awhile.  I try to spend half my option time with companies I know.  MET is a keeper.  So is PRU but I have only made money selling puts and never been exercised.  They are about the safest financials IMO and they get no respect.  Little voice tells me to keep 100 shares forever and collect the big Div, and keep stealing money by selling puts and calls with another 100 shares.  I have no intention of stopping.  The funny thing is my GOV 401K was scheduled to be transferred to a MET annuity.  I checked it out and said oh hell no I don't like your deal!   But I'm not typical.  Most fall in line and transfer their GOV funds to MET upon retirement.  MET is solid because most are financially ignorant.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Conservative option strategies, what did you buy or sell today? - by fenders53 - 02-19-2019, 02:51 PM
T puts ? - by john - 03-17-2020, 09:33 AM
RE: T puts ? - by fenders53 - 03-17-2020, 10:32 AM
RE: WEN options update - by john - 03-23-2020, 09:53 AM
RE: WEN options update - by fenders53 - 03-23-2020, 10:40 AM