Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Conservative option strategies, what did you buy or sell today?
(02-19-2019, 11:01 AM)NilesMike Wrote: I have not traded utes outside of T so fender got me thinking of trading XLU. I', looking at a weekly chart with 3emas and it looks like this may be the start of a pretty good strat.

Green bars; wait for a lower week then sell puts.
Red bars: wait for an up week and sell calls.

In addition to income for myself, I'm trying to develop mechanical type strategies for my young adult children as an additional income stream they can execute without the learning curve that I've needed.
The trouble with UTEs is they are now at the top of their valuation for a sane entry, or they have fleas you need to research.  Any idiot could have prospered selling quality Ute puts the past 6 months like I did.  There is a day it becomes a bad idea.  Time to be selective or patient IMO.  I am going to slow it down now until a dip comes.  Somebody please let me know when that is going to happen because the smart investors are cautious after this dramatic run up.  Utes are about as safe a place to hide out as any.  Right up until you overpay.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Conservative option strategies, what did you buy or sell today? - by fenders53 - 02-19-2019, 11:10 AM
T puts ? - by john - 03-17-2020, 09:33 AM
RE: T puts ? - by fenders53 - 03-17-2020, 10:32 AM
RE: WEN options update - by john - 03-23-2020, 09:53 AM
RE: WEN options update - by fenders53 - 03-23-2020, 10:40 AM