Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Conservative option strategies, what did you buy or sell today?
(02-19-2019, 09:51 AM)Kerim Wrote: Thanks for getting this started!

The only move I'll likely make in the next few days is selling a call on the last 100 shares of COP that I still hold. I've been working toward selling all of it, so I won't be upset if / when the call is exercised. This will be the third go at it with these same shares. My approach has been to wait for an up day, then sell the call at a little above the current price. Both times the price fell, I pocketed the premium, and kept the shares. Fun!

I know if I really want out I can sell at a lower strike, but I'm enjoying the practice!

Good way to sell IMO.  I regard myself as a much more effective buyer than seller lol.  By selling well out of the money calls, the market gets a vote, and you don't feel too bad when the market informs you that you were trying to sell too cheap.  I'm a happy guy when it takes me six months to leave while collecting income.  I sells calls on my AAPL and HD position. And I try to pick dates so I don't miss a dividend payment. Oh what a tap dance that is! But the premiums are very good so I can't help doing it.  Smile  

Bottom line is the obvious, you gotta sell a little extra time or push your luck with the strike price to get a better premium.  We never know what the market will do in the next few months.  I pretend I do though.  Smile

Messages In This Thread
RE: Conservative option strategies, what did you buy or sell today? - by fenders53 - 02-19-2019, 10:12 AM
T puts ? - by john - 03-17-2020, 09:33 AM
RE: T puts ? - by fenders53 - 03-17-2020, 10:32 AM
RE: WEN options update - by john - 03-23-2020, 09:53 AM
RE: WEN options update - by fenders53 - 03-23-2020, 10:40 AM