Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Conservative option strategies, what did you buy or sell today?
(02-19-2019, 09:28 AM)crimsonghost747 Wrote:
(02-19-2019, 09:04 AM)fenders53 Wrote: T-On Jan 30 sold Mar 15 Strike 29 puts at .72.  Probably fairly near the money based on the premium of 1.65% monthly income.  Moderate risk option IMO.  I'm not convinced T has found a bottom yet.

Again I'm not too sure what your strategy is with T, are you planning on keeping it or not? If you can get in at $29 then I'd say it looks good for both long and short term.

As a pure trading strategy I've been selling covered calls with T, starting from between $29.50 and $30.00 and then selling either the first or second out of money call. Premium has been around 1% per week plus whatever you manage to make on the price appreciation.

Don't follow this one too close or you'll get a headache.  I have quite a few shares of T.  Some sit there long, and when it runs I have some potentially up for sale while grabbing some extra income along the way.  On most every hard dip I throw up an offer for shares via put.  This one is hybrid long investment / swing trade.  Never any attempt to day trade it.  The market gets a vote and adjusts my share balance a couple hundred shares from time to time. T is not a DGI stock to me, just a high yielder.

To answer your question in a little more detail. I desire to maintain a T share balance of about 300-400 shares (and collect the dividend). $12K is a full position for me. I'm mostly OK with 600 T shares but I am looking to sell a few and a small profit is OK. I haven't been exercised much because I have played the swings pretty well. If I find myself much below 300 shares you will see me sell puts extremely close to in the money with a couple week expiration, because I desire to be long and real soon. But I want that put sale premium. As Kerim said, it's just a no brainer to enter this way. T offers weekly otions so it is MUCH easier to navigate than a Ute that only sells quarterlies. (i.e. XEL) XEL is one of my favorites and tough to play the option game with, but I find a way that makes some sense.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Conservative option strategies, what did you buy or sell today? - by fenders53 - 02-19-2019, 09:50 AM
T puts ? - by john - 03-17-2020, 09:33 AM
RE: T puts ? - by fenders53 - 03-17-2020, 10:32 AM
RE: WEN options update - by john - 03-23-2020, 09:53 AM
RE: WEN options update - by fenders53 - 03-23-2020, 10:40 AM