Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Conservative option strategies, what did you buy or sell today?
Sold a covered call at $113 on BBY, expire on 3/18.
I closed my EOG put yesterday with around 80% gain and use the money to sell a put on TSM. It is interesting but now I am actually holding (negative) both call and put on TSM and both options are showing decent gain. I have never experienced this before but it explains how volatile this stock is. That said, my actual holding is still showing about 20% loss.
(03-10-2022, 12:21 AM)Dividendwayfarer Wrote: I closed my EOG put yesterday with around 80% gain and use the money to sell a put on TSM. It is interesting but now I am actually holding (negative) both call and put on TSM and both options are showing decent gain. I have never experienced this before but it explains how volatile this stock is. That said, my actual holding is still showing about 20% loss.
When the volatility changes odd things happen.
(03-03-2022, 12:59 PM)Dividendwayfarer Wrote: Sold a covered call at $113 on BBY, expire on 3/18.

No pain on that one!
Great timing. No earnings bump seems safe now so CCs help a bit. And good to see you Mike.
(03-12-2022, 06:03 PM)fenders53 Wrote: Great timing.  No earnings bump seems safe now so CCs help a bit.  And good to see you Mike.

Still here-LOL. Not much new to report other than a buy of TROW on Friday close.

Working on a weekly SPX trade strategy (SPXL or SPXS) based on standard deviation levels. So far 16 in a row with last 3 live. 2% target and 2% stop loss.
Closed out a couple of OXY puts and sold a AMD put...I may be playing with fire. Also sold a few calls on XOM.
(04-08-2022, 05:57 PM)Dividendwayfarer Wrote: sold a AMD put...I may be playing with fire. Also sold a few calls on XOM.

I'm pretty sure AMD will test those lows at 99.35, depends what you sold and how many DTE.

When it's in the 99 handle I'll buy a butterfly on AMD, right now a $5 wide is .50 debit with max possible gain $5, might be able to get a credit at that time.

Good luck
I have an AMD put open at strike 97 expiring next Friday. If the stock moved up a little early in the week I will probably chicken out ?. Only did that this week and closed one Thursday.

I had a record income month in March. Almost every put I sold was seemingly perfectly timed. The market volatility just worked, but the real reason is I had time to check the market hourly and open or close trades.

I have been selling oil puts in volume since DEC. A hedge of sorts selling into every small dip in XLE or EOG. Then yesterday happened. Nine contracts either expired or were closed early. I am pretty much hedgeless now.
(04-09-2022, 02:49 AM)fenders53 Wrote: I have an AMD put open at strike 97 expiring next Friday.  If the stock moved up a little early in the week I will probably chicken out ?.  Only did that this week and closed one Thursday.

I had a record income month in March.  Almost every put I sold was seemingly perfectly timed.  The market volatility just worked, but the real reason is I had time to check the market hourly and open or close trades.  

I have been selling oil puts in volume since DEC.  A hedge of sorts selling into every small dip in XLE or EOG.  Then yesterday happened.  Nine contracts either expired or were closed early.  I am pretty much hedgeless now.

I play fairly conservative so my strike price is 90 in a couple of weeks. I also made a record income month from options in March. It was a great month for option trading.
(04-09-2022, 11:50 PM)Dividendwayfarer Wrote:
(04-09-2022, 02:49 AM)fenders53 Wrote: I have an AMD put open at strike 97 expiring next Friday.  If the stock moved up a little early in the week I will probably chicken out ?.  Only did that this week and closed one Thursday.

I had a record income month in March.  Almost every put I sold was seemingly perfectly timed.  The market volatility just worked, but the real reason is I had time to check the market hourly and open or close trades.  

I have been selling oil puts in volume since DEC.  A hedge of sorts selling into every small dip in XLE or EOG.  Then yesterday happened.  Nine contracts either expired or were closed early.  I am pretty much hedgeless now.

I play fairly conservative so my strike price is 90 in a couple of weeks. I also made a record income month from options in March. It was a great month for option trading.
I have done extremely well selling puts for many months in a row.  I mostly know the companies I trade repeatedly.  AMD owns me and I should leave it alone.
Sold SPX Call spread after the open and bought it back near today's close for 45% of credit received.

20MAY22 4685/4695