Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
401k rollover - "final" portfolio building
Wish we had more threads like this. I am in a similar place in life. Just rolled over my "life's work" from 401K to Roths just last SEP. l hope this doesn't come off as overly critical because I do mean to help, but this is important so I'll be honest. Imagine me smiling as I type this, trying to stimulate conversation....

-I see nothing but a mutual fund here. Why do you think you can match the pros, or more specifically a dividend oriented mutual fund or ETF?

-I'm all FOR diversification, but do you really think you have 100 good ideas today, or over the course of the next few years? Properly researched stocks? Do you even have 100 average ideas right now? Even Warren Buffet admits he doesn't. This looks like a poke and hope strategy. Cut that list in half and move in slowly and it sounds like a MUCH better to me. Still too many stocks but I am trying to compromise LOL

P.S. I highly approve of your idea of being in safe stuff for the moment. This market is more than iffy even a month from now. I did exactly that and waded in slowly. Thank God for that as the market got smoked about the time I had 25% of my money re-invested after rolling it over. A few months later I am back up by blind luck if I am honest with myself. A LOT of people here can't say they are up 10% for 2018 which I am. Don't stay 100% cashy too long though. Sitting on your hands is rarely a great plan for long.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 401k rollover - "final" portfolio building - by fenders53 - 02-12-2019, 11:12 AM