Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The perfect 2019 port, a contest of sorts....
How are everyone's picks doing after one quarter? Used Portfolio Visualizer to generate the data below https://www.portfoliovisualizer.com/backtest-portfolio:

[Image: y6FSFb3.png]
Thanks for bumping this. That is a neat site. I may need assistance posting it here. I think most of us are doing well. I am at $11,092 if that includes today with AAPL and HD big moves.

AAPL
HD
NEE
UPS
RQI

Binary grabbed some dirt cheap QCOM so we may be chasing him all year. Smile
(05-01-2019, 03:59 PM)fenders53 Wrote: Thanks for bumping this.  That is a neat site.  I may need assistance posting it here.  I think most of us are doing well. I am at $11,092 if that includes today with AAPL and HD big moves.          

AAPL
HD
NEE
UPS
RQI

Binary grabbed some dirt cheap QCOM so we may be chasing him all year.  Smile

Yup. Binary is running away with it right now. Here's what I've got for the top 5 a quarter in:

1. Binary $11,925
2. Kerim $11,189
3. fenders53 $11,092
4. DividendGarden $11,052
5. Otter $11,028

Nobody has lost money.
(05-01-2019, 04:26 PM)Otter Wrote:
(05-01-2019, 03:59 PM)fenders53 Wrote: Thanks for bumping this.  That is a neat site.  I may need assistance posting it here.  I think most of us are doing well. I am at $11,092 if that includes today with AAPL and HD big moves.          

AAPL
HD
NEE
UPS
RQI

Yup. Binary is running away with it right now. Here's what I've got for the top 5 a quarter in:

1. Binary $11,925
2. Kerim $11,189
3. fenders53 $11,092
5. Otter $11,028

Nobody has lost money.
Heck no we haven't lost any money Otter.  Bunch of pro investors.  That's why I come here lol  You are up over 44% annualized.  I'm thinking about hiring you to run my port.  Smile  Seriously though, SPY would be right up there with us most likely.  We'll see who's picks can survive a beat down because that month is coming before 2019 is over.

It's way too early but we'll have to add dividends 4X last quarter. I've got one 8% yielder. That's gonna put me over the top. OK probably not Smile
(05-01-2019, 04:26 PM)Otter Wrote:

AAPL
HD
NEE
UPS
RQI

1. Binary $11,925
2. Kerim $11,189
3. fenders53 $11,092
5. Otter $11,028

Nobody has lost money.

LuckySmile cool I actually own those names since then. AAPL and HON were also bought around that time and made nice returns too. I regret not buying APD
I think we might own most of our picks.  I own all of mine except UPS which is still on the watch list. I picked up RQI a few weeks before we started. I have a very long list of stocks I wish I had purchased a few months ago. Apparently the market didn't think they were as over-valued as I did. Note the current leader board has all of us within 1%. Only a quarter but I wouldn't have expected that. I guess it illustrates what diversification across sectors accomplishes. Imagine trying to be a MF manager and out-perform your peers with at least 100 stocks.

Binary's QCOM cooled off a little so I bet we are all close. I'll run the other ports soon if nobody else beats me to it.
Through the end of July, $12,014. Started FEB 1 per our rules

AAPL
HD
NEE
UPS
RQI

I wish my real port was up 20% in 6 months. I still don't own UPS but have 100 shares each of the rest. Most of my stocks are actually fairly even at around 20% give or take a few percent. These stocks are holding my real port up some for sure.

I only checked Binary so far and I have pulled ahead of him, for now. Lot's of time and the fat lady isn't even warming up just yet. Some of you guys have ports with dividends at least a percent or two higher average than mine. I predict that is going to matter when we add it in DEC. I have three stocks highly susceptible to trade war crash if this gets worse. RQI is my best stock and I am still holding my breath. Insane return and I don't know why if I'm honest.

This has been fun. For next year maybe we can make it more interesting with a wager. (completely optional and everyone can still play). Maybe an extra value meal wager. If six guys played #4-6 could send a $10 gift card to #1-3. One gift card wagered. Of course we'd have to make it interesting and you'd have to add McDonalds or YUM etc.. Or we could step it up and do industrials. It would be a real hoot if Otter had to buy me that CAT bulldozer I've always wanted. Kidding, I'd lose and be real jealous when he was posting pics of the Boeing 787 he made me buy him. Smile
I forgot about this!
Wow -- I forgot about this too! (Sorry). Thanks for keeping it up, F53!
The Portfolio Backtest website now has all the data in through the end of August (2 full quarters of this endeavor). Assuming $10,000 initial investment, my portfolio of equal initial weight for BTI, F, IBM, JCI, and NGG would be worth $10,861.00 today, for a gain of 8.61%
(08-23-2019, 11:12 PM)fenders53 Wrote: Through the end of July, $12,014.  Started FEB 1 per our rules

AAPL
HD
NEE
UPS
RQI

I wish my real port was up 20% in 6 months.  I still don't own UPS but have 100 shares each of the rest.  Most of my stocks are actually fairly even at around 20% give or take a few percent.  These stocks are holding my real port up some for sure.

I only checked Binary so far and I have pulled ahead of him, for now.  Lot's of time and the fat lady isn't even warming up just yet.  Some of you guys have ports with dividends at least a percent or two higher average than mine.  I predict that is going to matter when we add it in DEC.  I have three stocks highly susceptible to trade war crash if this gets worse.  RQI is my best stock and I am still holding my breath.  Insane return and I don't know why if I'm honest.  

This has been fun.  For next year maybe we can make it more interesting with a wager.  (completely optional and everyone can still play).  Maybe an extra value meal wager.  If six guys played #4-6 could send a $10 gift card to #1-3.  One gift card wagered.  Of course we'd have to make it interesting and you'd have to add McDonalds or YUM etc..  Or we could step it up and do industrials.  It would be a real hoot if Otter had to buy me that CAT bulldozer I've always wanted.  Kidding, I'd lose and be real jealous when he was posting pics of the Boeing 787 he made me buy him.  Smile

You are even better off through the end of August. $12,470, or a 24.7% gain!
(09-03-2019, 04:53 PM)Otter Wrote:
(08-23-2019, 11:12 PM)fenders53 Wrote: Through the end of July, $12,014.  Started FEB 1 per our rules

AAPL
HD
NEE
UPS
RQI

I wish my real port was up 20% in 6 months.  I still don't own UPS but have 100 shares each of the rest.  Most of my stocks are actually fairly even at around 20% give or take a few percent.  These stocks are holding my real port up some for sure.

I only checked Binary so far and I have pulled ahead of him, for now.  Lot's of time and the fat lady isn't even warming up just yet.  Some of you guys have ports with dividends at least a percent or two higher average than mine.  I predict that is going to matter when we add it in DEC.  I have three stocks highly susceptible to trade war crash if this gets worse.  RQI is my best stock and I am still holding my breath.  Insane return and I don't know why if I'm honest.  

This has been fun.  For next year maybe we can make it more interesting with a wager.  (completely optional and everyone can still play).  Maybe an extra value meal wager.  If six guys played #4-6 could send a $10 gift card to #1-3.  One gift card wagered.  Of course we'd have to make it interesting and you'd have to add McDonalds or YUM etc..  Or we could step it up and do industrials.  It would be a real hoot if Otter had to buy me that CAT bulldozer I've always wanted.  Kidding, I'd lose and be real jealous when he was posting pics of the Boeing 787 he made me buy him.  Smile

You are even better off through the end of August. $12,470, or a 24.7% gain!
I'm pleased with that, but it isn't going to continue from here without a trade war resolution.  Everyone of those stocks with the exception of UPS is overvalued, arguably way overvalued.  NEE and RQI run were unexpected since I didn't really catch them on a dip.  RQI has run up so fast the dividend isn't ridiculously high anymore, which was the whole point of buying it.  It's popular on Seeking Alpha.