Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your Top Ten Holdings--2019
(01-02-2019, 06:55 PM)Dividend Watcher Wrote: My portfolio (in descending value) along with percentages of total portfolio value:

ABBV (6.8%)
MSFT (6.6%)
PEP (5.3%)
MCD (5.3%)
RTN (5.2%)
ROST (4.5%)
DE (3.9%)
CVX (3.9%)
INTC (3.6%)
AFL (3.5%)

Total (48.6%)
Cash (0.4%)

I am surprised that my top 10 make up almost 50% of the portfolio. I've only added to D and AFL in the top 10 in 2018. The rest were just valuation increases over the year and some dividend reinvestments. I've taken most of my holdings off DRIPs over 2018 and plan to use the accumulated cash to bolster my smaller holdings when their value is reasonable. There was no new money added to this portfolio during the year; I'm using my 401k at work to put new money to work. Don't particularly like mutual funds but it's much more convenient for me right now to have to money taken out of my paycheck. When I retire I can take the cash and put it to work.

My wife's portfolio (same order as above):
MCD (6.7%)
AFL (5.4%)
MSFT (5.1%)
AMGN (4.7%)
NSC (4.7%)
JNJ (4.7%)
O (4.2%)
EMR (4.2%)
KO (4.1%)
HAS (4.0%)

Total (43.1%)
Cash (0.9%)

She's been playing catch up so with new money, selective trimming and dividends, I've done some shifting in the portfolio. Again, we don't keep much cash on hand.

Great idea!! Thanks DW--I went back and added the weightings of my portfolio too...mine makes up 38.3% of my individual stock holdings--I didn't bother with my mutual fund holdings because I treat the 401k(s) differently.
Mine are AAPL, ABBV, ABT, DLR, LOW, LMT, MSFT, OHI, O, T
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
My top 10 (by percentage of portfolio income generated):

1. XOM
2. LLY
3. MRK
4. CVX
5. T
6. VZ
7. JPM
8. BA
9. BPY
10. CNP
(01-03-2019, 01:04 PM)Otter Wrote: My top 10 (by percentage of portfolio income generated):

I thought about doing that also, Otter, but got busy with other things and time ran out. Maybe I'll update my post with income percentages over the weekend.
=====

“While the dividend itself is merely a rearrangement of equity, over time it's more like owning an apple tree. The tree grows the apples back again and again and again, and the theoretical value of the tree doesn't change just because of when the apples are about to fall.” - earthtodan

Here are my ten, using the prices at today's close. I'll start compiling tomorrow!

JNJ
BRK-B
T
MO
MCD
LMT
XOM
AAPL
INTC
PM

Whoa -- these ten holdings account for 66.8 percent of the portfolio's value. But look at those names... Stallions, every one of 'em.
13 people have reported so far. 72 different companies appear on those 13 lists, and 26 companies appear on more than one list, as follows: 

And these are the companies that appear on only one list: 
AEP, AMGN, AMZN, BA, BEN, BPY, CELG, CL, CNP, CVS, DE, DLR, EMN, EMR, GILD, HAS, HD, JPM, KHC, KR, LB, LLY, LOW, MRK, NKE, OHI, ORI, PAYX, PSX, ROST, RTN, SBSI, SBUX, STX, TGT, TROW, TRV, TXN, UL, USB, VTR, VZ, WFC, WPC, WRB, XEL 

I think we're suffering from a pretty small sample size at this point. If anyone hasn't posted their list, please do and I'll update the table.

Thanks!
That's cool Kerim. And I think you are going to find our ports evolve through this firestorm. I do hope you;ll update it now and then. I truly get many of my buy list ideas here.

And it looks like we are all on the ATT boat. Best wishes to all lol.
No particular order, for the Mrs. and I:

BEN
CAH
O
D
KO
HD
PM
FLO
T
OMC
Hi, 

Newbie here.  My top ten list by descending order is:  

AAPL
VZ
OHI
MPC
T
EMR
CVX
NLY
KO
CM
WMB
PM
I was looking at my top 10 holdings since we're over the half way point and was amazed at the changes, the only adds was with GILD/MO/ABBV

beginning in 2019 the list was

GILD
MKL
AAPL
MO
CELG
ABBV
KR
XOM
BRK.B
V

The top 10 now stands with

GILD
AAPL
MKL
CELG
MO
V
XOM
QCOM
BRK.B
MGA

ABBV/KR fell off the list with QCOM/MGA moved onto the list...with ABBV only getting new dollars...ironically KR was also on my add list but didn't get any--yet

EDIT: apparently I added to AAPL on 1-3-2019!!
(01-01-2019, 01:46 PM)fenders53 Wrote: Great thread, I missed last years thread but I intend to check it out.  Here is my work in progress I intend to tweak throughout 2019 as the sale prices arise.  Not in exact order of port %.

1. AMZN
2. AAPL
3. HD
4. ABT
5. MCD
6. KHC
7. CVX
8. AEP
9. XEL  
10. T

Lot's of index and sector EFTs on the side.
I forgot about this thread.  It's a great idea.  Even a quarterly update would be interesting.  Current top 10.

1. HD
2, AAPL
3. T
4. MET
5. MO
6. BMY
7. AEP
8. ABT
9. MRK
10. AMZN

I rolled a large 401K last year and started with cash.  I am still slowly heading where I'd like to be.  50%+ of my ports income comes from my covered call and put selling habit every month.  That causes some changes and I don't like them all.  

Anyway...   
T has made a big rise in my top ten because I sold puts until I got forced in sub $30 
AMZN fell from #1 to #10 because I gradually bought it on the way down late 2018, and gradually sold it on the way back up.
Had a nice ride with MCD and gradually moved all of it into current yield plays.  (not a brilliant plan so far but MCD is too pricey for me now) 
BMY has made a big jump in my port.  (Sold puts and allowed myself to be assigned rather than rolling them forward.

MET and MO have also entered the top 10 due to new purchases. (MO via put sales.)
I'll likely be forced to lighten up on APPL and HD due to call selling, unless they pull back significantly in 2019.   

Yeah I know that all sounds too complicated.  Smile  Just outside the top 10 I have a lot more pharma and utilities.  Higher yield remains the game plan as I approach retirement.
In January it was:
1. PM
2. ITW
3. TXN
4. T
5. ABBV
6. PEP
7. WPC
8. BEN
9. VTR
10. EMN

Now it is: