Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your Top Ten Holdings--2019
http://dividendgrowthforum.com/showthrea...ht=top+ten

The link above lists the Top 10 of those that participated in 2018.

I thought it was a interesting topic with a lot of good info, personally, I never paid attention to what my Top 10 were until I thought of this original topic. From what I remember, I thought that the most popular stocks of the Ten would actually make a good portfolio, thanks to Kerim for spending time compiling the list with percentages!

Here's my Top 10--2019

1)   GILD   (6.19)
2)   MKL    (5.38)
3)   AAPL   (4.84)
4)   MO     (3.71)
5)   CELG  (3.69)
6)   ABBV  (3.10)
7)   KR      (3.06)
8)   XOM   (2.94)
9)   BRK.B (2.81)
10)  V       (2.58)

New funds were added to GILD/MO/CELG/ABBV/XOM in 2018

NVDA/QCOM/MGA didn't make the 2019 list due to market gyrations

TGT didn't make the Top 10 because I sold the shares and deployed funds into other stocks

EDIT: Added the portfolio weighting of each stock
         The Top 10 makes up 38.3% of my total individual stock holdings

***Your Top Ten includes individual stocks only no mutual funds allowed
Great thread, I missed last years thread but I intend to check it out. Here is my work in progress I intend to tweak throughout 2019 as the sale prices arise. Not in exact order of port %.

1. AMZN
2. AAPL
3. HD
4. ABT
5. MCD
6. KHC
7. CVX
8. AEP
9. XEL
10. T

Lot's of index and sector EFTs on the side.
Good idea!Smile Ranked by the current value, not the original investment:
1. PM
2. ITW
3. TXN
4. T
5. ABBV
6. PEP
7. WPC
8. BEN
9. VTR
10. EMN

Heh, it seems I have deployed a lot of money this year as 6 are fresh 2018 positions
Awesome -- would love to compile this again. I also thought it was really useful and telling. Keep 'em coming, everyone!

Just to be clear, by "top" ten, we mean the current largest 10 positions in our DG portfolios, right?
(01-01-2019, 06:05 PM)Kerim Wrote: Awesome -- would love to compile this again. I also thought it was really useful and telling. Keep 'em coming, everyone!

Just to be clear, by "top" ten, we mean the current largest 10 positions in our DG portfolios, right?

Kerim, correct!

The Top Ten should be your current largest 10 positions of your individual stock holdings. I did include my non-dividend paying stocks which were MKL, CELG and BRK.B--although I do hope these investments of mine do pay a dividend in the future, I doubt it will be anytime soon. Last year, it surprised me that I had any non-divi paying stocks in my 10 largest holdings, because I focus on dividends.

I excluded mutual funds and ETF type investments because I think as a Forum we can learn something from our individual stock holdings, especially, our Top Ten.
My current top 10 by value, not in particular order.

1.T
2. MO
3. PM
4. ABBV
5. D
6. PG
7. XOM
8. SBUX
9. PEP
10. KMB

Close, but currently not within top 10 are ARLP, AAPL and O.
(01-01-2019, 06:50 PM)rayray Wrote:
(01-01-2019, 06:05 PM)Kerim Wrote: Awesome -- would love to compile this again. I also thought it was really useful and telling. Keep 'em coming, everyone!

I excluded mutual funds and ETF type investments because I think as a Forum we can learn something from our individual stock holdings, especially, our Top Ten.

I agree, but maybe in a month do a thread where we share overall investment % by sector, and cash %.  I would find that informative.  Or maybe not if I am the only one holding some sector ETFs most all the time.   I'm always overweight a few sectors and it changes through the year.  I trim ETFs rather than DGI stocks usually.  Anyway this is better for a different thread.   

I'll check my math and get my top 10 in correct order soon.
My top ten stocks are as follows:

1.  TRV
2.  WRB
3.  AFL
4.  ORI
5.  UL
6.  USB
7.  TGT
8.  MKL
9.  TROW
10. WFC

The 11-15 "honorable mentions" are as follows:

11. CACC
12. BRK B
13. WHG
14. PM
15. DFS

I own 26 individual stocks. I'd eventually like to reduce that number to something a little more manageable but have no plans to sale anything anytime soon. My largest stock holding (TRV) currently represents 5.2% of my stock portfolio. If cash were considered a holding, it would be the largest holding currently at 18.7%.
My top ten:
1. V
2. DIS
3. NKE
4. JNJ
5. KO
6. PEP
7. T
8. CVX
9. MCD
10. PSX

"Honorable mentions":
11. XOM
12. O
13. BP
14. UTX
15. PM
My top ten:
1. MSFT
2. NSC
3. MCD
4. PAYX
5. AAPL
6. PG
7. PM
8. O
9. PEP
10. SBSI

Only change from last year was O is the new addition. EMR fell out to #15 and JNJ came in at #13. Biggest drop was PM from #1 to #7.
My top 10:
CVS
T
KMB
CL
STX
ITW
LB
PEP
DIS
D
My portfolio (in descending value) along with percentages of total portfolio value:

ABBV (6.8%)
MSFT (6.6%)
PEP (5.3%)
MCD (5.3%)
RTN (5.2%)
ROST (4.5%)
DE (3.9%)
CVX (3.9%)
INTC (3.6%)
AFL (3.5%)

Total (48.6%)
Cash (0.4%)

I am surprised that my top 10 make up almost 50% of the portfolio. I've only added to D and AFL in the top 10 in 2018. The rest were just valuation increases over the year and some dividend reinvestments. I've taken most of my holdings off DRIPs over 2018 and plan to use the accumulated cash to bolster my smaller holdings when their value is reasonable. There was no new money added to this portfolio during the year; I'm using my 401k at work to put new money to work. Don't particularly like mutual funds but it's much more convenient for me right now to have to money taken out of my paycheck. When I retire I can take the cash and put it to work.

My wife's portfolio (same order as above):
MCD (6.7%)
AFL (5.4%)
MSFT (5.1%)
AMGN (4.7%)
NSC (4.7%)
JNJ (4.7%)
O (4.2%)
EMR (4.2%)
KO (4.1%)
HAS (4.0%)

Total (43.1%)
Cash (0.9%)

She's been playing catch up so with new money, selective trimming and dividends, I've done some shifting in the portfolio. Again, we don't keep much cash on hand.
=====

“While the dividend itself is merely a rearrangement of equity, over time it's more like owning an apple tree. The tree grows the apples back again and again and again, and the theoretical value of the tree doesn't change just because of when the apples are about to fall.” - earthtodan