T
EMR
CVX
NLY
KO
CM
WMB
PM
I was looking at my top 10 holdings since we're over the half way point and was amazed at the changes, the only adds was with GILD/MO/ABBV

beginning in 2019 the list was

GILD
MKL
AAPL
MO
CELG
ABBV
KR
XOM
BRK.B
V

The top 10 now stands with

GILD
AAPL
MKL
CELG
MO
V
XOM
QCOM
BRK.B
MGA

ABBV/KR fell off the list with QCOM/MGA moved onto the list...with ABBV only getting new dollars...ironically KR was also on my add list but didn't get any--yet

EDIT: apparently I added to AAPL on 1-3-2019!!
(01-01-2019, 01:46 PM)fenders53 Wrote: Great thread, I missed last years thread but I intend to check it out.  Here is my work in progress I intend to tweak throughout 2019 as the sale prices arise.  Not in exact order of port %.

1. AMZN
2. AAPL
3. HD
4. ABT
5. MCD
6. KHC
7. CVX
8. AEP
9. XEL  
10. T

Lot's of index and sector EFTs on the side.
I forgot about this thread.  It's a great idea.  Even a quarterly update would be interesting.  Current top 10.

1. HD
2, AAPL
3. T
4. MET
5. MO
6. BMY
7. AEP
8. ABT
9. MRK
10. AMZN

I rolled a large 401K last year and started with cash.  I am still slowly heading where I'd like to be.  50%+ of my ports income comes from my covered call and put selling habit every month.  That causes some changes and I don't like them all.  

Anyway...   
T has made a big rise in my top ten because I sold puts until I got forced in sub $30 
AMZN fell from #1 to #10 because I gradually bought it on the way down late 2018, and gradually sold it on the way back up.
Had a nice ride with MCD and gradually moved all of it into current yield plays.  (not a brilliant plan so far but MCD is too pricey for me now) 
BMY has made a big jump in my port.  (Sold puts and allowed myself to be assigned rather than rolling them forward.

MET and MO have also entered the top 10 due to new purchases. (MO via put sales.)
I'll likely be forced to lighten up on APPL and HD due to call selling, unless they pull back significantly in 2019.   

Yeah I know that all sounds too complicated.  Smile  Just outside the top 10 I have a lot more pharma and utilities.  Higher yield remains the game plan as I approach retirement.
In January it was:
1. PM
2. ITW
3. TXN
4. T
5. ABBV
6. PEP
7. WPC
8. BEN
9. VTR
10. EMN

Now it is:
1. MMM (5.4%)
2. PM (4.35%)
3. ABBV (3.6%)
4. EMN (3.41%)
5. WBA (3.35%)
6. TXN (3.17%)
7. ITW (2.29%)
8. T (2.12%)
9. MO (2.09%)
10. HD (2.04%)

Actually largest holding (15.25%) is an ETF Smile

During the year I added to MMM, PM, ABBV, EMN, WBA and HD
In fenders list I wasn't familiar with AEP so I looked them up...interesting read with lots of great pictures--History!

https://www.aep.com/Assets/docs/about/AE...Energy.pdf
Here are mine

JNJ
LMT
O
MCD
KMB
TGT
ORI
MDP
PG
AVGO
(07-29-2019, 02:24 AM)Binary Wrote: Actually largest holding (15.25%) is an ETF Smile

Same here, but that's cheating lol.  I have a couple index mutual funds that top the list.  And a few bond funds, but I don't want you guys to fall asleep reading my posts.  Smile
(07-29-2019, 02:31 AM)rayray Wrote: In fenders list I wasn't familiar with AEP so I looked them up...interesting read with lots of great pictures--History!

https://www.aep.com/Assets/docs/about/AE...Energy.pdf

One of the best Utes in the country IMO.  I actually owe Jim Cramer for this one lol.  He's had the CEO on his show a number of times over the years.  AEP has been able to grow better than the average UTE, without putting themselves at increased risk like SO etc.  Looks like its going to take more time, but I will build it up to a top 5 position in the end.  I've been selling AEP puts for a year, but they keep expiring worthless because UTES just won't pull back.  So I take the income for now and try to remain patient.  I would have been just as well off to buy more a year ago, but my crystal ball has failed me once again.  Smile
Good idea to revisit this during the year.

My top ten in January:
1. MSFT
2. NSC
3. MCD
4. PAYX
5. AAPL
6. PG
7. PM
8. O
9. PEP
10. SBSI

Current top 10:
My top ten:
1. MSFT
2. NSC
3. PAYX
4. MCD
5. AAPL
6. PM
7. PG
8. O
9. PEP
10. INTC

Very little change for me. Though I haven't been adding to any of my top 10 except for dividend reinvestments.
My top 10 in January (by percentage of portfolio income generated):

1. XOM
2. LLY
3. MRK
4. CVX
5. T
6. VZ
7. JPM
8. BA
9. BPY
10. CNP

My top 10 now (by percentage of portfolio income generated):