Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
strategies for this correction
(12-27-2018, 04:10 PM)stockguru Wrote:
(12-27-2018, 03:54 PM)divmenow Wrote:
(12-27-2018, 03:24 PM)Binary Wrote:
(12-27-2018, 02:02 PM)divmenow Wrote:
(12-27-2018, 12:34 PM)stockguru Wrote: Impressive or not. 1000 points means nothing if you give those gains back
over next few trading days. Today will cut half off the top lol. This market is being controlled by computers  and etfs. 2019 may be the worst year yet as long as Trump is leading this country. He’s clueless and doesnt know a thing about being a president. All he cares about is being better then everyone else and bragging. Just look at all cabinet members leaving at years end. No one can work with this guy. I never seen anything like this. His tweets control the market. This madness needs to end now!!

No one is buying and no one cares about the market anymore. Computers are in control. Nothing is based on fundamentals any longer. That's just the market we are in right now.  AAPL may never see $200 again, LMT $300 and the list goes on. Reminds me of INTC, DELL and CPQ when they were trading at over $200 back in 2008-2009 when the internet boom crashed. Those stocks never saw those levels again. I'm in AAPL at an average of $192 and I will not add any more. For all we know it can go back to $80-90 a share. I can sit here and say there are so many good buys in the market. But I just feel we are headed lower so why bother lol.  In the past few weeks I have added to utilities and bought some gold. Yes I said Gold stocks haha!! 

I don't get you. First - this is just volatility after two years of no volatility. Secnd - you don't know the future. A year or two ago AAPL was meant to never cross 150 ever. It went far above it. Third - price is not the same as fundamentals. Fourth - Apple had a high PE. Look at the past few years, it went from a PE of 12-15 average to almost 20. What did you expect, that it will stay there whereas the average has always been far below? Fifth - if you believe in the company and you thought that a 200 usd price is justified this is a buying opportunity for you. The company did not change, the price did. And I am actually happy because of that.
Sixth - aren't we all dividend invwstors? Apple has a short dividend history so it is questionable why I buy it, but apart from that isn't it the income why we are here? This dip or bear market or however you may call it is one huge step towards financial independence or retirement or whatever is the reason you do it. If you are pissed aboit the price decline you are a speculator and not an investor.
I could only wish for more of that in 2019 - growing cash flows and declining prices.

Wow someone must have gotten coal this year for Christmas lol. I had an opinion weather you agreed or not. And what I said was what a lot investor feel right now. Nothing I said was mean at all;that needed a response like I got from you. So don't lash out at me for having an opinion. My god what has this world come to lol!! Sorry I spoke out. And by no means am I pissed off our upset that the market is down big or not. I can care less. I have been invested since 1991. But in the end its all about making money. Dividend or not. And you say Apple went from 12-20 PE bet yet you added at 204 or so lol. A 20 pe is not expensive as long as your growing to support those levels. And this market is no where near based on fundamentals. Its all political right now. Truth~ But its cool. You got your opinion too Wink Happy Holidays!
You guys should debate and get pissed off more lol. The market rallied like 700 points off the lows today. Keep it up Smile

Added to T today
1300 PTs in two days!  I hope everyone got all their crash cash invested because it couldn't be more obvious we are headed straight back to the moon! 

Dow starting to trade like crypto lol.
(12-27-2018, 04:42 PM)fenders53 Wrote:
(12-27-2018, 04:10 PM)stockguru Wrote: You guys should debate and get pissed off more lol. The market rallied like 700 points off the lows today. Keep it up Smile

Added to T today
1300 PTs in two days!  I hope everyone got all their crash cash invested because it couldn't be more obvious we are headed straight back to the moon! 

Dow starting to trade like crypto lol.

Lol! I feel pretty good about the buying I did in December. If we see new lows from here, I'll keep bargain hunting. If we head back up, I'll be content. (I think!)
I noticed the "expert bulls" are getting more airtime on CNBC now. As if something actually changed since Monday. Making predictions the FED will make no more raises in 2019 and other such Nostradamus predictions. These guys and gals must have been court jesters in their previous life. Smile

There are certainly more good deals left, but I think I am going to be content that I added enough down low the past few months. News and algos aren't going away anytime soon so I think I will just ready for real bad days.