Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dividend Portfolio - First year in market review
No, I have not had a stock fall to zero. But a stock I loved was $BWP Boardwalk Pipeline Partners. It was a master limited partner, but it was on a constant price bleed and $L Lowes suddenly took it private. I made a small profit, but long time investors were considerably upset. I learned quickly not to get too attached to stocks that fit my comfort zone.

So speculating on new IPO stocks seems risky, but let me make a case for $SWI Solarwinds. They were public before they got an offer to be bought and taken private. Now going public a 2nd time. I worked in the Information Technology field for five years, and was liking what I saw in their marketing and service products overview. Their clients are 499 of the Fortune 500. Wow!

I cover the details here: https://youtu.be/FrIOJFTvhlY

I just bought a few shares, so currently just 1% of my portfolio. So here is my question: how do you grow a new position? 1) buy chunks at a time and hold 2) buy and wait for dips. 3) sell price jumps and move on until you can buy back in at a sweet value?

Thank you so much for taking the time to go over this with me. I do hope you know I appreciate someone willing to share their experience and market stories.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Messages In This Thread
Dividend Portfolio - First year in market review - by Phidius - 12-14-2018, 08:51 PM