Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's On Sale?
I think this dip is solid enough to start another of these "best buys right now" threads. Yes, the "market" is down, but lots of great DG stocks are still really high, IMO. KO, PEP, MCD, JNJ, CL, etc. are all still pretty expensive, by my math.

Current candidates as "really good buys" worth further exploration right now are: MO, T, AAPL, BEN, maybe GIS, and XOM.

So what are you thinking is in (or getting near) a really enticing price range?
The ones I am looking at, next to the above, are EMN, HD, TROW, TXN, ITW
Besides the above, AMP, KHC, TIF.
Depending on how you see the semiconductor business, there are some good deals to be had there.

A lot of the bigger defence stocks are hitting 52 week lows.

The oil & gas sector might also be worth a look.
I own many of the above (or have sold puts), or I would enter now. MET and PRU are on a smoking good sale with greats Div. They aren't going away. Anything financial is crushed for now with the bond yield inversion scare. Market threw the baby out with the bathwater again. HD is good here but I wouldn't chase it much. T remains a better buy if the debt doesn't scare you off.
Lots of good buys out there if you have dry powder.

GD, NOC, TD, MO, MET, GSK, AFL, VLO, WFC, OXY and AAPL

But every day you can add new stocks to your buy list lol
Right now I really like T, AXP, SBUX, IBM, and MO at these prices. If you want to take a risk, the GE put for Jan 4 for $7 looks pretty good. Don't see GE falling too much more.
Too late, the FED coughed and the algos fixed the market all better now until some time tomorrow. This is getting silly. The blue chips in a pretty solid economy aren't supposed to trade like cryptocurrency. We've all seen volatile markets but this is on a new level lately. I get it the market is scared of tariffs, but that news doesn't actually change in any meaningful way every 24-48HRs.
Visa and Mastercard look attractive again on dips as well. Dividends are growing but not fact enough to be a true DGI yet. it;s ahrd to imagine they aren't heading in that direction over time and the capital appreciation has been very good over time.
(12-07-2018, 12:04 PM)fenders53 Wrote: Visa and Mastercard look attractive again on dips as well.  Dividends are growing but not fact enough to be a true DGI yet.  it;s ahrd to imagine they aren't heading in that direction over time and the capital appreciation has been very good ovv
V and MA are still expensive. They need to come down a lot more before they become a buy.  Great companies and I own both but will only add under $120 and $175. 
V 31 PE and MA 40 PE. There not cheap.

On the other hand AXP is a 25 PE and DFS only a 9.5 PE.

I'm just glad I'm 75% utilities and only 5% tech in my portfolio. AAPL is my worst buy in recent months. It may be years before I see $200 again lol
(12-07-2018, 02:41 PM)divmenow Wrote:
(12-07-2018, 12:04 PM)fenders53 Wrote: Visa and Mastercard look attractive again on dips as well.  Dividends are growing but not fact enough to be a true DGI yet.  it;s ahrd to imagine they aren't heading in that direction over time and the capital appreciation has been very good ovv
V and MA are still expensive. They need to come down a lot more before they become a buy.  Great companies and I own both but will only add under $120 and $175. 
V 31 PE and MA 40 PE. There not cheap.

On the other hand AXP is a 25 PE and DFS only a 9.5 PE.

I'm just glad I'm 75% utilities and only 5% tech in my portfolio. AAPL is my worst buy in recent months. It may be years before I see $200 again lol

You are right, they are not truly cheap.  I have traded V some and in the low 130s it seems to work well.  I purchased AAPL too recently.  It's my worst performer by far.  On Monday my total port was actually up a bit since OCT 1, which is a small miracle.    That lasted a few hours and back down the hill we go  Smile