Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another dividend Stock to add to the portfolio
I’m trying to slowly diversify my dividend stocks. Maybe this one will be good for you as well. Please tell me what you think.
https://youtu.be/Xmuj2GCLaO8

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I would investigate the debt situation closely before you dive in. That stock is in free fall and some of their management metrics look poor. Timber is a commodity and that adds extra risk. I realize a lot of shares are held by institutions. be careful they aren't quietly selling while you are buying. At first glance it wouldn't surprise me if that is what is happening lately. I won't lie, it took me two minutes to decide CTT is NOT a DGI stock for my port. There are far less risky REIT options with a similar dividend.

No way to sugar coat this.

-Overall market is lofty and CTT SP is in steady decline
-Company has a lot of debt like most REITS
-Interest rates sure to rise so the interest payments go up eventually if not soon. You'd have to look at the terms of their debt, i.e. maturity.
-Rising revenues and falling EPS, company is not profitable, less efficient than peers
-Timber is a commodity that is VERY cyclical, you are stacking risk on top of risk.
-Way too may other choices to settle for this.

Want a 5-6% dividend? Keep REIT shopping or take a look at T, (ATT), or SO and we'll share the risk story there. There is always some risk with high dividends.
(11-26-2018, 09:34 AM)fenders53 Wrote: I would investigate the debt situation closely before you dive in. That stock is in free fall and some of their management metrics look poor. Timber is a commodity and that adds extra risk. I realize a lot of shares are held by institutions. be careful they aren't quietly selling while you are buying. At first glance it wouldn't surprise me if that is what is happening lately. I won't lie, it took me two minutes to decide CTT is NOT a DGI stock for my port. There are far less risky REIT options with a similar dividend.

-Interest rates sure to rise
-Rising revenues and falling EPS, company is not profitable, less efficient than peers
-Timber is a commodity that is VERY cyclical, you are stacking risk on top of risk.

Thanks for the opinion. I see insider trading is all positive as they are all buying. I see a company that is expanding, investing in itself. Volume trading is not high. I’ll definitely dig into it a little deeper.

(11-26-2018, 09:51 AM)dhcruz67 Wrote:
(11-26-2018, 09:34 AM)fenders53 Wrote: I would investigate the debt situation closely before you dive in.  That stock is in free fall and some of their management metrics look poor.  Timber is a commodity and that adds extra risk.  I realize a lot of shares are held by institutions.  be careful they aren't quietly selling while you are buying.  At first glance it wouldn't surprise me if that is what is happening lately.  I won't lie, it took me two minutes to decide CTT is NOT a DGI stock for my port.  There are far less risky REIT options with a similar dividend.  

Thanks for the opinion. I see insider trading is all positive as they are all buying. I see a company that is expanding, investing in itself. Volume trading is not high. I’ll definitely dig into it a little deeper.

Are the insiders buying significant shares now?  I am not informed on the near-term timber price expectations.  Insiders should be.
(11-26-2018, 10:01 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(11-26-2018, 09:34 AM)fenders53 Wrote: I would investigate the debt situation closely before you dive in.  That stock is in free fall and some of their management metrics look poor.  Timber is a commodity and that adds extra risk.  I realize a lot of shares are held by institutions.  be careful they aren't quietly selling while you are buying.  At first glance it wouldn't surprise me if that is what is happening lately.  I won't lie, it took me two minutes to decide CTT is NOT a DGI stock for my port.  There are far less risky REIT options with a similar dividend.  

Are the insiders buying significant shares now?  I am not informed on the near-term timber price expectations.  Insiders should be.

Over the last 3 months it has been all purchases, no selling.

(11-26-2018, 10:30 AM)dhcruz67 Wrote:

Open market purchases or executing employee stock options at a discount to market?  You probably think I am being argumentative by now.  Truly trying to be helpful. I have no reason to be suspicious of CTT but sometimes all is not as it seems on the surface, generally speaking.
(11-26-2018, 10:35 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(11-26-2018, 10:30 AM)dhcruz67 Wrote:

Open market purchases or executing employee stock options at a discount to market?  You probably think I am being argumentative by now.  Truly trying to be helpful. I have no reason to be suspicious of CTT but sometimes all is not as it seems on the surface, generally speaking.

I agree that we have to be careful and I truly appreciate your input!

CTT still doing great. About 40% profit plus dividend.

Just saw this thread and checked the chart. You took a significant drawdown early on.

The way I trade (not necessarily for a long holding period) is based on volume. I only look to trade long, so I'm looking for significantly higher volume on a down move and take the next higher high. That volume burst is the final puke out for those who have been holding long above.

Good luck to all.

Attached Files Image(s)

Yeah the timing was real bad on that entry. It was heading for zero. Glad it worked out in the end. Didn't yoo have a trade going on NRES or whatever the symbol was? That one worked out if you stayed with it.
I couldn't get past the Cowboys shirt, I'm an Eagles fan : )
. double post