Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
These are 2 of my favorite dividend stocks
Investing in biostocks to turn around and put earnings into dividend stocks. I really like these 2 stocks.
https://youtu.be/BZ0PCS6dKpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Welcome to the forum David! I am interested in entering a home builder stock when they hit bottom since they are obviously very economy cyclical. The dividends are so attractive. I was looking at a few different tickers lately. I know I shouldn't wait for blue skies or I will miss much of the run. I am thinking a good entry point may be after a few FED rate hikes which are almost certain to come.
(11-25-2018, 10:52 AM)fenders53 Wrote: Welcome to the forum David! I am interested in entering a home builder stock when they hit bottom since they are obviously very economy cyclical. The dividends are so attractive. I was looking at a few different tickers lately. I know I shouldn't wait for blue skies or I will miss much of the run. I am thinking a good entry point may be after a few FED rate hikes which are almost certain to come.

Hi and thanks for the welcome. I have looked and for the amount of investment, I can’t find a better stock that appears to be a good company and give me that much dividend back. I don’t see the value in buying some of the well established companies at a high price and getting back minimal return. Don’t wait! Jump in, especially if you are a long term investor. I think I’m posting another video later today on another dividend Stock I like.

I hope I don't discourage you in any way but we are naturally skeptical around here. IMO it's for our own good, and we make each other better stock pickers. When I see a stock recommended here I often give it a 10 minute look and look for warning signs. I am looking for a few REITs so I checked out NRZ. REITs often have high DIVs but when they get over 10% I need to know what happens next year if the BIZ dips. IIRC from yesterday here is what I found easily, and I hope you can calm my concerns.

-Publicly traded about 3 years, it's had a good run so far.
-Chart looks pretty bad currently, is any of this based on fundamentals or just a tough market?
-Not followed by many analysts yet but those that do rate it overweight
-The DIV is about 11%, the payout rate is about 80% and projected to rise to the 90%+ range. That's a red flag because I don't want to own it if they cut the dividend in half. That is ALWAYS a painful day.
-PE is sub 5, that's pretty low even for a REIT, Why?
-Profit margins are good so they are doing something right.
-And most importantly, how do they make money? I thought they were involved in home building at first, but it is a residential REIT. Are they renting? Loaning money? I didn't try to dig up an earnings conference call. Just curious if you can summarize their BIZ in a few sentences?

Thanks
It’s been over a year that I looked into the company but one of the great things that happened this year was the acquisition of Shellpoint managing partners, a national mortgage lender, which will boost the revenues and save the company money. I truly believe it is a solid company and even if at some point the dividend goes down a little, it’s still making me more short term money now that I can invest.

(11-30-2018, 01:48 AM)dhcruz67 Wrote: It’s been over a year that I looked into the company but one of the great things that happened this year was the acquisition of Shellpoint managing partners, a national mortgage lender, which will boost the revenues and save the company money. I truly believe it is a solid company and even if at some point the dividend goes down a little, it’s still making me more short term money now that I can invest.

Stocks that cut their dividend get taken behind the woodshed for a beating.  50% dip is not uncommon and it can take 5+ years for a full recovery.  That is why most of us here avoid the situation if we can.  The balance sheet is very important long-term.
I agree. You have to dig in to see what the company is doing along with the balance sheet and once you see that then you can make a better choice. Fundamentals.

CY being sold for a nice profit